On Apple Watch, the first time you run the Activity app, the feature prompts you to specify how active you are: Highly, Moderately or Lightly. The app assigns a daily Move goal in calories based on the level you choose, ase well as on your height, your weight and your are. You can adjust the Move goal to provide a suitable challenge. You can also adjust the Move goal starting from the Weekly Summary screen the Activity app displays at the end of each week.
How to Change your Daily Move Goal on Apple Watch [Video]
Video uploaded by adddictedtomacintosh on January 3, 2017.
How to Adjust Your Move Goal
- Lift your wrist to wake Apple Watch, and the watch face appears.
- Click the Digital Crown, and the Home screen appears.
- Tap Activity to display the Activity screen.
- Swipe left to display the Move screen which will show the current Move goal and today’s progress toward the goal established.
- Force-touch the screen. Note that you can force-touch any screen in the Activity app to display the Options screen. On the Move screen you can see your current Move goal.
- On the Options screen, tap Change Move Goal to display the Change Move Goal screen.
- You can tap Increase or Decrease to adjust the calorie count.
- Tap Update, and the Move screen will appear again. It will show the new target.
How to Use the Activity app on Apple Watch
With the Activity app on your Apple Watch, users can track how much you move, exercise, and stand from day to day. If you wear your Apple Watch throughout the day, Activity can automatically track your daily movements. Thus the user can check his or her progress, meet goals, and customize notifications. Don’t forget to enter some information about yourself to get started.
Move: On the watch, the Move ring shows how many active calories you’ve burned so far. Active calories, unlike resting, are those calories that you burn by standing or moving around. You can complete your daily Move goal by burning active calories every day.
Exercise: The Exercise ring shows how many minutes of brisk activity you’ve completed so far. Complete your daily Exercise goal by exercising for at least 30 minutes each day. Learn how to meet your exercise goal. You can earn Exercise and Move credit. Indeed, every full minute of movement that equals or exceeds the intensity of a brisk walk counts toward your daily Exercise and Move goals. (But for wheelchair users, the intensity is measured in brisk pushes). Any activity below this level counts only toward your daily Move goal. Make sure that you earn Exercise credit during walks by allowing the arm with your Apple Watch to swing naturally. For example, while walking your pet, let the arm with your watch swing freely while the other holds the leash. Note that even if you need both hands while walking, for example to push a stroller, you can still earn Exercise credit by using the Workout app. The Activity app relies on arm motion and an accelerometer to track movement. On the contrary, the Workout app can use the accelerometer, a heart rate sensor, and the GPS on your iPhone if you carry it with you. Open the Workout app on your Apple Watch, tap Outdoor Walk, and bring your iPhone on the walk.
Stand: The Stand ring shows hours in which you’ve stood and moved for at least a minute. You can complete your daily Stand goal by standing up and moving around for at least one minute during twelve different hours in the day. Keep in mind that even if you stand all day, you still need to move around. If you’ve specified that you use a wheelchair, the Stand ring will switch to the Roll ring. The Roll ring will show hours in which you’ve pushed around for at least one minute.
Stay motivated by sharing your activity with your family, friends,neighbors or trainer. When your friends meet all three Activity goals, finish workouts, or earn achievements, you get notifications about their progress. To get started, add your friends and after you have added friends, open the Activity app. Once the Activity app is open, swipe left. Then tap a friend to see their stats for the day. You can even send a message to all your friends which you have added.
You can also set notifications and view your complete Activity history. To set notifications, use your iPhone to set them up, as well as reminders. You can also use Apple iPhone if you want to check your Activity history. To do this, in the Apple Watch app on your iPhone, tap the My Watch tab. Then tap Activity. Now choose your notifications and reminders. If you need to see your complete Activity history, go to the Activity app on your iPhone. Tap My Watch tab to see details about your all day activity, workouts, and achievements.
Note that if you don’t see the Activity app on your iPhone, just restart your iPhone. After the phone restarts, check again for the Activity app. Don’t forget though that this app will appear only after you pair your iPhone and Apple Watch.
- Change your goals on your Apple Watch – Apple Support
- It’s very hard to part with, but if must say good-by to your old Apple Watch, don’t forget to contact us, we at iGotOffer will only be happy to buy it from you for the best price online: Sell your Apple Watch. Check our prices, we pay more than our competition.
- News and Reviews About Electronic Gadgets and Apps – iGotOffer Blog