On Apple Watch, the Message App enables the user to stay on top of the instant messages. It is possible to choose which alerts to receive, by working from the Messages screen in the Apple Watch app on iPhone. Users can also decide how many repeat alerts to receive and whether to send read receipts for messages. Users can also customize their default replies and choose whether to send the dictated transcript or recorded audio files for audio messages.
How to Configure the Messages App
- Press Home on iPhone to display the Home screen.
- Tap Apple Watch to open the Apple Watch app.
- Tap My Watch to display the My Watch screen.
- Tap Messages to display the Messages screen (note that by default Messages uses the Mirror My iPhone setting).
- To customize Messages settings, tap Custom. Otherwise, go to Tap Audio Messages (see below) for audio messages. The Alerts controls appear.
- Set the Show Alerts switch to On to see alerts for messages.
- Set the Sound switch to On to receive sound notifications.
- Set the Haptic switch to On to receive notifications via vibration.
- Tap Repeat alerts to display the Repeat alerts screen.
- Now tap the number of Repeat alerts you want to receive: Never, Once, Twice, 3 Times, 5 Times, 10 Times.
- Tap Messages, and the Messages screen will appear again.
- Set the Send Read Receipts switch to On if you want messages to send receipts to senders when you read the messages coming from them.
- Tap Audio Messages to display the Audio Messages screen.
- Tap Dictation or Audio if you want to be able to choose whether to send transcribed text or a recorded audio file. Tap Always Dictation to always send transcribed text. Or tap Always Audio to always send recorded audio.
- Tap Messages to display the Messages screen.
- Tap Default Replies to display the Default Replies screen.
- Now tap the preset reply you want to change. Then type the text you want to use.
Note that if you send a read receipt, is up to you. Sending it lets the sender of a message be sure that you have read it. This is helpful, especially if the read message makes it unnecessary for the sender to follow up with a phone call or an e-mail message asking whether you received the message. But if sending read receipts might reveal too much information about your actions, you may prefer not to send them.
- Sell your used Apple Watch to iGotOffert for cash! We pay the best price online for your old electronic watch and we help you save money.