The iPhone 7 Plus was introduced at Apple’s event on September 7, 2016, along with iPhone 7. With its iPhone Apple has succeeded in a number of areas. Among the most useful features of the new smartphone, we can mention improved screen, water resistant qualities, powerful dual speakers. The iPhone 7 Plus has no headphone jack to plug your headphones into, but on the other hand, it has a much better camera and a more pleasant-to-use screen – and now has no port to plug your headphones into.
iPhone 7 Plus Review [Video]
Video uploaded by PhoneArena on September 29, 2016.
Apple iPhone 7 Plus Full Information
The iPhone 7 Plus has no headphone jack to plug your headphones into, but on the other hand, it has a much better camera and a more pleasant-to-use screen – and now has no port to plug your headphones into.
- Announced on September 7, 2016.
- Available to pre-order on September 9, 2016.
- Released on September 16, 2016.
- Processor: Apple’s A10 Fusion chip.
- Onboard RAM: 3GB.
- Storage Capacity: 32, 128, 256 GB.
- OS: iOS10.
- Display: Retina HD 1080p 5.5-inch display.
- SIM Card: Nano-SIM.
- Front camera: 7 MP photos and video. FaceTime Video Calls supported. 1080p video recording.
- Rear camera: 12 MP with Autofocus and manual focus (Tap to focus), supporting 4K 3840 x 2160p at 30fps. HD 1080p video recording @ 30 – 60 FPS, 720p at 30fps.
- Voice Assistant: Siri.
- Connectivity: Built-in support for Wi-Fi
- Connector: Lightning Connector.
- Battery: Lithium Ion battery. Non-removable. Talk time: Up to 14 hours on 3G. Internet use: Up to 12 hours on 3G, up to 12 hours on LTE, up to 14 hours on Wi-Fi. Video playback: Up to 13 hours, Audio playback: Up to 40 hours. Standby time: Up to 10 days.
- Dimensions: 6.23 x 3.07 x 0.29 inches.
- Weight: 6.63 oz.
- Color available: Rose Gold, Gold, Silver, Black, Jet Black.
|Model Number||A1661, A1784, A1785 (Japan)
(engraved on the back cover)
|Display Size||5.5 inches|
|Dimensions||158.2 x 77.9 x 7.3 mm (6.23 x 3.07 x 0.29 in)|
|Weight||188 g (6.63 oz)|
|Capacity||32/128/256GB, 2GB RAM|
|Colors||Black, jet black, gold, rose gold, silver, red|
|Front Panel||Flat and made of glass with curved edges|
|Back Panel||Anodized aluminum|
|SIM tray||On the right side that holds a 4FF (short for “fourth form factor”) or nano-SIM card|
|Serial Number||You will find it in the Settings menu|
|IMEI/MEID||+ Etched on the back cover. The MEID is the first 14 digits of the IMEI
+ You can use the IMEI/MEID instead of the serial number
|See also||Sell used iPhone 7 Plus online now|
Apple Models, Discontinuation, Price
- $US 749 with 32GB
- $US849 with 128GB
- US$949 with the high-end 256GB.
- Among the most useful features, users will finds Fingerprint (front-mounted) sensor, accelerometer, gyro, proximity sensor, compass and barometer
- The iPhone 7 Plus is equipped with iMessage, SMS (threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Email.
- The phone supports HTML5 (Safari browser); Siri natural language commands and dictation; iCloud cloud service; MP3/WAV/AAX+/AIFF/Apple Lossless player; MP4/H.264 player; Audio/video/photo editor; Document editor.
- In iPhone 7 Plus, the Lightning port can carry a tremendous amount of data across to users’ headphones, and as such Apple has boosted the iPhone 7 Plus’ audio capabilities to match. The iPhone 7 Plus has dual speakers, rather than the single mono output at the bottom of the phone. These are positioned top and bottom to create decent stereo sound, and the different angles make listening to tunes or watching films a real treat.
- When it comes to the look of the iPhone 7 Plus, it might seem like Apple’s done very little to change the design: the dimensions and screen size are nearly identical to last year’s model, meaning that you’ll struggle to tell the difference between phones from 2014 and 2016.
- Apple claimed in its keynote diffused on September 7, 2016, that it had taken “courage” to get rid of the “ancient” port (Motorola’s Moto Z handset performed the same trick earlier in 2016).
- The iPhone 7 Plus is water-resistant, with its IP67 rating meaning you can’t take it swimming, but you can fall in the pool and take it into the shower.
- For its iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus Apple made the button haptic, so that it vibrates under your finger, rather than clicking all the way in. It still houses the fingerprint scanner, but this doesn’t function in the same way as before.
- Through Apple’s iPhone Upgrade Program, customers in the US, in the UK and China, can get an unlocked iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus, with the protection of AppleCare+, choose their carrier and have the opportunity to upgrade to a new iPhone every year. The iPhone Upgrade Program is available at Apple.com and Apple Stores in the US with monthly payments starting at $32.
- Every customer who buys iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus from Apple is offered free Personal Setup, in-store or online, to help them customize their iPhone by setting up email, showing them new apps from the App Store and more.
- Why do you need to buy a new iPhone when you have almost all the functionalities on your old one ? One of the answers is that you can not use Apple Pay in older models. Apple Pay is the easiest and the most secured way to pay at stores. The feature is supported iPhones starting from IPhone 6 or 6s. It’s also available with Apple Watch-compatible devices, iPad Air 2, iPad Pro and iPad Mini 3 and later. You only need to setup your wallet on your device and you can use it at many stores. Look at the link below to understand how it works:
- You can save cash, sell your iPhone 7 Plus for the best price online: We buy secondhand iPhone for the highest price on the online market.
- iPhone 7 ad iPhone 7 Plus Info: Security, Warranty, Regulatory Information by Apple (in PDF format).
- User’s Guide: iOS 10 Software by Apple (in PDF format).
- AirPods – Quick start guide (in PDF).
- AirPods – Safety, Warranty and Regulatory Information (in PDF).