Apple Watch: Setting Up Remote for Apple TV
On Apple Watch, you can remotely control Apple TV directly from your wrist. You can control playback on Apple TV, this set-top box for streaming video and audio. This functionality can be really great for enjoying these features. But before you can control playback on Apple TV, you must set up Apple Watch as a remote for Apple TV.
How to Set Up Apple Watch as a Remote for Apple TV
First, run the Remote App on Apple Watch and then enter a passcode in the Settings app on Apple TV.
- Lift your wrist to wake Apple Watch and the watch face will appear.
- Click the Digital Crown, to display the Home screen.
- Tap Remote to open the Remote app.
- Tap Add Device, and the Passcode screen will open, showing the passcode you need to enter on Apple TV to set up Apple Watch as a remote.
- Select Settings on the Apple TV main menus, and the Settings screen will open.
- On the Settings screen, select General.
- On the General screen, select Remotes, and the Remotes screen will appear.
- In the iOS Remotes list, select the item for Apple Watch. It will show the name you have assigned to Apple Watch. The Add screen will appear, also showing the name assigned to Apple Watch.
- Now select Done, and the Remote screen will appear again, showing Apple Watch set up as a remote for Apple TV.
- Now you can use Apple Watch to control Apple TV.
How to Stop Apple Watch from Being Remote for Apple TV
- To stop Apple Watch from being a remote for Apple TV, select Settings on the Apple TV main menu.
- On the Settings screen, select General to display the General screen.
- Then select Remotes to display the Remotes screen.
- When the iOS Remotes list appears, select the listing for Apple Watch to display the Remotes screen.
- Select Remove to remove Apple Watch as a remote.
Apple Watch as a Remote Control for Apple TV or iTunes as Seen by Apple
Guidelines about using your Apple Watch as a remote control for Apple TV or iTunes on Apple’s support page:
The user can set up Remote app on the Apple Watch to play music on the Apple TV or in iTunes on the computer.
To use the Remote app on the Apple Watch, you have to set up the device with the Apple TV or in iTunes on the computer. The user only needs to set up Remote app once for each device. If users change their mind, they can easily remove connected devices later. After the user sets up the Remote app, he or she can quickly choose what to control from the Apple Watch.
Setting up Your Apple TV and the Remote app
First at all, set up the Remote app:
- Make sure that your Apple TV and your Apple Watch are on the same Wi-Fi network.
- Now, on your Apple Watch, open the Remote app and tap Add Device.
- On your Apple TV, select your Apple Watch: To do this, on the Apple TV (4th generation): Head to Settings > Remotes and Devices > Remote app, then select your Apple Watch. On the Apple TV (2nd or 3rd Generation): Go to Settings > General > Remotes,. Once there select your Apple Watch.
- On your Apple TV, enter the passcode that appears on your Apple Watch. When the pairing icon appears next to your Apple Watch, you can start controlling your Apple TV.
- How to Control Your Apple TV.
You can control your Apple TV after you set up the Remote app. For this, make sure that your Apple TV is awake, open Remote on your Apple Watch, choose your Apple TV, then use these gestures:
- To move through the Apple TV menu, swipe up, down, left, or right till you find the item you are looking for.
- Tap the highlighted item to choose it.
- Next tap Menu to go back. Alternatively, you can touch and hold it to go to the Home screen.
- Finally, tap Play/Pause button to pause or resume playback.
How to Set up iTunes and Remote app
First at all, set up the Remote app. To do this:
- Make sure that your computer and your Apple Watch are on the same Wi-Fi network.
- On your Apple Watch, open the Remote app.
- Now tap Add Device on the Remote app.
- In iTunes on your computer, Remote button will appear after you click Add Device and your remote tries to connect.
- Click Remote button.
- On your computer, enter the 4-digit code that appears on your Apple Watch.
After you set up the Remote app, you can choose an iTunes library and thus control your music from your watch: If you have only one library, you can now start playing your music. But if you have more than one library, you should tap the library that you want to listen to on your Apple watch. If you’re already playing music, tap the icon representing three horizontal lines, then tap a library.
To play or pause your music, or to go to the previous or next track of the music you are listening to, use the controls in Remote. If you want to change the volume, just turn the Digital Crown.
- You want to switch to a new Apple Watch series? We help you save money for your new purchase. iGotOffer pays the best price online for your used consumer electronics. Free instant quote, free fully insured shipping, fast and secure payment: Sell my Apple Watch now.
- How to Control Apple TV on Apple Watch.
Apple Watch Apple TV Remote App. Video uploaded by CoolStoryBroTech, on Juin 25, 2015. Useful application that can control your Apple TV with just using your Apple Watch
CommentsSo empty here ... leave a comment!