You can send instant messages to your contacts using the Messages app on Apple Watch. It is possible either send one of the app’s preset text snippets (which tend to work better as replies sometimes). You can also dictate what you need to say to your contact. If you choose to dictate text, you can choose between sending only a transcript of the text or sending both the transcript and an audio file containing your message.
How to Send Message on Apple Watch
- Raise you wrist to wake Apple Watch.
- When the watch face appears, click the Digital Crown.
- On the Home screen that appears, tap Messages, and the Messages app will open, the Messages screen will appear.
Important: If you do not see the Messages screen, tap the button in the upper-left corner of the screen util the Messages screen appears.
- Force-touch the screen, and the Option screen will appear.
- Tap New Message to open the New Message screen.
- Tap Add Contact to display the Contacts screen. The screen will show recent contacts.
- Now tap the contact you want to add.
- You can also tap again Add Contact to display the full contact list, and then tap the appropriate contact.
- You can tap Dictate and then dictate a name or a phone number.
- The New Message screen appears, showing the contact’s name.
- Tap Create Message to display the Create Message screen.
- If you prefer to send a preset message, tap it to send the preset message quickly.
- Or tap Dictate, and the Dictation screen will appear.
- Speak the text you want to send to your contact.
- When you finish the text, tap Done.
- The Send As screen appears. You can tap the waveform under the Send as Audio heading if you want to send the audio file.
- Tap the text under the Send as Text heading. The New Message screen will appear, showing the text.
- Tap Send and Messages sends the message. The message sent then appears in a conversation with your contact.
- Now if you want to return to the Messages screen, you can tap the contact’s name.
Chossing Between Audio and Transcript
Should you send the audio file of just the transcript of the message? Well, the audio file is far bigger in volume, so sending it take much more bandwidth, takes time (because it takes much longer time to send), counts against your data allowance and uses your battery life. If your iPhone is sending the message via the cellular network, the size of the audio file may be a real concern. So you should take into consideration off of these factors before you take the decision. However, sending the audio file can be useful. For example, it is very important that the recipient hear your voice or when the sender has problems with diction (heavy accent, for instance), and Apple Watch cannot transcribe the text correctly.
- We help you save money for your new electronic device. Check on our prices – we pay the highest prices online for your old Apple Watch, sell it now! – Used Apple Watch for sale. We pay more than our competition.
How to Send a Text Message on the Apple Watch. Uploaded by PCMag on April 24, 2015. There are two easy ways to send text messages using the Apple Watch. Here’s how.