On Apple Watch, the Stock app enables users to stay up to date with the latest stock information on up to 20 stocks. It is easy to choose the default stock to display in Glances and as a complication on the watch face. It is also possible to choose the piece of information that the complication shows, such as the stock’s current price.
Apple Watch Stock App [Video]
Video uploaded by Robert W on April 23, 2015.
Configuring the Stocks App and Your Stocks
How to Configure the Stocks App
- Press Home on iPhone to display the Home screen.
- Tap Apple Watch to open the Apple Watch app.
- Tap My Watch to view the My Watch screen.
- Tap Stocks to display the Stocks screen.
- Set the Show in Glances switch to On to display the Stock Glance in Glances, which is usually helpful.
- In the Clock Face Complication Shows list, tap Current Price, Points Change, Percentage Change or Market Cap, as needed.
- Tap Default Stock to display the Default Stock screen.
- Tap the stock you want as the default.
- You can also tap Mirror iPhone to make the Stocks app on Apple Watch use the default stock from the Stock Apps on iPhone.
How to Put Your Stocks in Order
- Press Home on iPhone to display the Home screen.
- Tap Stocks to open the Stocks app.
- Tap Edit, and the Stocks list opens for editing. The Stocks app on Apple Watch displays the first twenty stocks in the Stocks list on iPhone. In case you have more stocks in your Stocks list, move the twenty stocks you want to see on Apple Watch to the top of the list.
- You can tap Add to add a stock.
- You can tap Delete to the left of a stock. Then tap Delete again to remove a stock.
- Tap a movement handle and a stock up or down.
- When you finish rearranging stocks, tap Done.
Tip: It is in fact possible to see more than 20 stocks on Apple Watch by using third-party apps which give access to stocks beyond the 20 that Apple Watch can display. Certain companies have released stock market apps for Apple Watch, other brokerage are likely to do the same.
A Few Words about Stock Market Apps for Apple Watch
Stock Tracker by Dajax LLC: Stock Market App for Apple Watch: Get up to date real time stock updates on your watch notification. Bing stock value font on screen gives easy option to see on watch. Free quotes, Expert Head Line, News, Event. Word wide stock portfolio, Stock analysis, exchange rate and more on watch. Features Highlights: Multiple watch lists, multiple portfolios, support all major US brokers for trading, real-time Alerts, real-time streaming quotes, US Stock Options, market single scans, global Indexes & Currencies, futures & Commodities, stock Screener, nteractive chart with 50+ technical indicators, paper trade, News, Events & Earnings.
Stock Master: Tracking and Analysis: Astontek offers unique functions iOS app for stock watchers who’d like to user their wrist watch. Live notification in updates on Real time stock quotes, notification with Email, all types of stock portfolio, currency Forex stock, charts and more.
Stock Watch: Universal app for the iPhone, iPad, iPhone touch, Apple watch. Light and dark color combination make this app more powerful for easy use. You can get gainers and looser notification, Currency support, Custom filter chart.
CNBC: Official app: CNBC official app for apple watch, Business news with latest stock data inside your which list, And also get review through My Stocks, Tech stocks and more easily.
Stock Wars – Virtual Investing by Continuous Integration Inc.: This app puts you in the fast paced world of traders and big money. Set up your portfolio and watch how your stocks would perform in the real world. Analyze companies, place your orders and watch your portfolio grow. Stock Wars will make you a top trader in no time!
Best Brokers: Stock Market Game by Daniel Fontes: A real time stock market game focusing on fun. You can enhance your knowledge of the stock market or test new trading strategies without any risk of losing real money.
StockTwits – Stock Market Chat by StockTwits Inc.: Users can catch up quickly on the stocks you care about and new market trends. Find out what is happening fast and get insight, updates, sentiment and analysis from thousands of real investors and traders.
StockTouch by Visible Market Inc.: The interface brings the power of data visualization and financial information together. Seamlessly watch the stock market as it unfolds and quickly dive into data to uncover insights and trends on companies and sectors. Touch anywhere, zoom in and out, monitor price and volume, and study historical information. Fast loading data, elegant design, radiant colors and fluid navigation. Immersive and intelligent.
Stock Station: Stock Market & Stocks Portfolio by Mobile Interactive LLC: This app brings you the intelligent market info, portfolio tracking, alert and advanced options research. It supports automatic importing portfolio from major brokers: Robinhood, E*Trade, Fidelity, tradeking, TradeStation, Scottrade, TDAmeritrade, OptionsHouse, Tradier.
STOCK SIGNALS: Technical Trading Model by missingSTEP: This app Stock Signals provides automated trading signals based on complex technical criteria for all US stocks. Real-time charts, dozens of technical indicators with customizable parameters, Intraday, daily, weekly and monthly time-frames. Real-time quotes streaming quotes for all US stocks, fast downloads, price alerts. Watch list signals for the stocks that you follow, synced with your other missinSTEP apps and devices, unlimited number of stocks, unlimited number of watchlists, Fibonacci line indicator.
- The most efficient way to recycle the Apple electronics you don’t need anymore: Sell Apple Watch online now for the best price on the market.