The iMac Core 2 Duo 2.16 with 17 inches screen is a build-to-order iMac model. It is identical to iMac G Core 2 Duo / 20 in everything but the processor. The iMac Core 2 Duo 2.16 is the all-in-one desktop computer in a polycarbonate casing behind the 17 inches screen, mounted on an aluminum stand with an adjusting hinge. The Core 2 Duo 2.0 17 inches features a 2.16 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor (T7400), with two independent processor “cores” on a single silicon chip, 1 GB of RAM, a 160 GB Serial ATA hard drive (7200 RPM), a slot-loading DVD+R DL “Super Drive”, ATI Radeon X1600 graphics with 128 MB of GDDR SDRAM (PCI-Express), a built-in iSight webcam, a microphone and stereo speakers, as well as 2 Firewire “400” and 3 USB 2.0 ports. It also has built-in AirPort Extreme (802.11g) and Bluetooth 2.0+EDR, Gigabit Ethernet and mini-DVI capable of supporting a second display. The cooling system is CPU controlled and the in-built speakers are mounted beneath the 17 inches screen for the sound to bounce off the desk or other surface. The speakers’ grills also work as the vent ones.
iMac Core 2 Duo 2.16 17 Inches CTO/BTO
Introduced on: September 6, 2006.
- Codename: Intel Mac.
- Processor Speed: 2.16 GHz.
- Processor Architecture: 64-bit.
- Processor type: Core 2 Duo (T7400) “Merom”.
- Processor upgrade: ZIF Socket.
- Cores: 2.
- On-Board Ram: 1GB, DDR2 667MHz (2×512 MB installed in two slots).
- Video: 17 inches TFT active matrix LCD, 1440 x 900/1680 x 1050 pixels max resolution, viewing angle: 140° horizontal and 120° degrees vertical.
- Webcam: iSight Camera, 0.3 MP, 640 x 480 resolution.
- Graphics: ATI Radeon X1600 graphics with 128 MB of GDDR SDRAM (PCI-Express).
- Storage: 160 GB, 7200-rpm Ultra ATA-66 up to 128 GB Hard Drive Supported.
- Input\Output: 3x USB 2.0, 2x Firewire 400, built-in microphone, built-in speakers, audio out, audio input/output, iSight webcam.
- Optical drive: 8X DVD+R DL “Super Drive”.
- Internet \ Wireless connection: Integrated Airport Extreme 802.11b/g, Gigabit Ethernet Optional 56k V.92 USB modem, Bluetooth 2.0+EDR, built-in infrared (IR) receiver for Apple Remote.
- Preinstalled OS: X 10.4.7 (8K1106).
- OS max. upgrade: 10.7.5.
- Dimensions: 16.9 x 16.8 x 6.8 inch.
- Weight: 15.5 lb.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Model No: A1208 (EMC 2114).
Apple Order number: configure-to-order.
Discontinued: August 7, 2007.
- Configure-to-order or build-to-order iMacs are customized Apple desktops. If you aren’t pleased with models available from the box, you can order one from Apple, specifying the hardware to meet your needs.
- Configure -to-order iMacs don’t have Apple Order number as such. They’re shipped from China in 3-4 days. Apple uses just-in-time manufacturing.
- The most popular configurations are pre-built and it takes just a few more touches to customize them.
- Sell your old iMac online to iGotOffer. Take a close look at the prices we offer, get the best quote online, free shipping, fast payment: Sell iMac.