The iMac (20-inch, 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, Early 2009) introduced in early 2009 is almost identical to the iMac (20-inch, 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, Early 2008) of the previous year 2008. This is the all-in-one desktop computer in a glass and aluminum one-piece casing behind the 20 inches screen, mounted on an aluminum stand with a slightly tapered foot and an adjusting hinge. Yet the hardware had been revised. The memory clockspeed was increased up to 1066 MHz, the memory type was also upgraded up to DDR3. The entry-level iMacs of 2009 sports Nvidia Geforce Graphics, while top models – ATI Radeon. The FireWire “400” port was dropped for an extra USB port thus making four of them in total and the Mini-DVI was swapped for Mini DisplayPort. The processor remained the same. The iMac (20-inch, 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, Early 2009) features a 2.66 GHz Intel “Core 2 Duo” processor (E8135), with two independent processor “cores” on a single silicon chip, 2 GB of RAM, a 320 GB Serial ATA hard drive (7200 RPM), a slot-loading DVD+R DL “Super Drive”, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M graphics with 256 MB of memory shared with the system, a built-in iSight webcam and stereo speakers, as well as a Firewire “800” and 4 USB 2.0 ports. It also has built-in draft and enabled AirPort Extreme (802.11g) and Bluetooth 2.1+EDR, Gigabit Ethernet and Mini DisplayPort capable of supporting a second display. The cooling system is CPU controlled and the in-built speakers are mounted beneath the 20 inches screen for the sound to bounce off the desk or other surface. The speakers’ grills also work as the vent ones. The iMac (20-inch, 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, Early 2009) is shipped with a smaller Apple Keyboard short of the numerical keypad and Mighty Mouse.
iMac (20-inch, 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, Early 2009)
- Introduced on March 3, 2009.
- Codename: Intel Mac.
- Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz.
- Processor Architecture: 64-bit.
- Processor type: Core 2 Duo (E8135) “Penryn”.
- Processor upgrade: ZIF Socket.
- Cores: 2.
- On-Board Ram: 2 GB, DDR3 1066 MHz (no slot free).
- Max. Ram: 6 GB.
- Video: 20 inches TFT active matrix LCD, 1680 x 1050 pixels max resolution, viewing angle: 160° horizontal and 160° degrees vertical.
- Webcam: iSight Camera, 0.3 MP, 640 x 480 resolution.
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 9400M graphics with 256 MB of integrated memory.
- Storage: 320 GB, 7200-rpm Ultra ATA-66 hard drives up to 640 GB and 1TB available for BTO models.
- Input\Output: 3x USB 2.0, 1 Firewire 400, 1 Firewire 800, built-in microphone, built-in speakers, audio out, audio input/output, iSight webcam.
- Optical drive: 8X DVD+R DL “Super Drive”.
- Internet \ Wireless connection: Integrated Airport Extreme 802.11 a/b/g/n, Gigabit Ethernet Optional 56k V.92 USB modem, Bluetooth 2.1+EDR, built-in infrared (IR) receiver for Apple Remote.
- Preinstalled OS: X 10.5.6 (9G2030).
- OS max. upgrade: 10.11.x.
- Dimensions: 18.5 x 19.1 x 7.4 inch.
- Weight: 20 lb.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Model No: A1224 (EMC 2266).
Apple Order number: MB417LL/A.
Discontinued: October 20, 2009.
- The software kit for the iMac (20-inch, 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, Early 2009) includes: for Mac OS X v10.5 Leopard – iTunes, Time Machine, Quick Look, Spaces, Spotlight, Dashboard, Mail, iChat, Safari, Address Book, QuickTime, iCal, DVD Player, Photo Booth, Front Row, Xcode Developer Tools; for iLife ’09 – iPhoto, iMovie, iDVD, iWeb, GarageBand.
- Switching to a new iMac model? Don’t look anymore, sell your old iMac to iGotOffer for top dollar!