The iMac (24-inch, 3.06GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, Early 2008) introduced in early 2008 is almost identical to the iMac (24-inch, Mid 2007 AI). This is the all-in-one desktop computer in a glass and aluminum one-piece casing behind the 24” screen, mounted on an aluminum stand with an adjusting hinge. But the processor Intel Penryn is of a higher class. It got the fastest bus and the largest cache of the time. This mobile type processor is also more energy efficient than its Merom predecessor. The RAM speed had been also boosted up to 800 MHz. The iMac (24-inch, 3.06GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, Early 2008) features a 3.06 GHz Intel “Core 2 Duo” processor (E8435), with two independent processor “cores” on a single silicon chip, 2 GB of RAM, a 1 TB Serial ATA hard drive (7200 RPM), a slot-loading DVD+R DL “Super Drive”, NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GS graphics acceleration with 512 MB of GDDR3 memory, a built-in iSight webcam, a microphone and stereo speakers, as well as 1 Firewire “400”, 1 Firewire “800” and 3 USB 2.0 ports. It also has built-in draft and enabled AirPort Extreme (802.11g) and Bluetooth 2.1+EDR, Gigabit Ethernet and mini-DVI capable of supporting a second display. The cooling system is CPU controlled and the in-built speakers are mounted beneath the 24” screen for the sound to bounce off the desk or other surface. The speakers’ grills also work as the vent ones. The iMac (24-inch, 3.06GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, Early 2008) is shipped with an ultra-thin aluminum Apple Keyboard and Mighty Mouse.
iMac (24-inch, 3.06GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, Early 2008)
- Introduced on April 28, 2008.
- Codename: Intel Mac.
- Processor Speed: 3.06 GHz.
- Processor Architecture: 64-bit.
- Processor type: Core 2 Duo (E8435) “Penryn”.
- Processor upgrade: ZIF Socket.
- Cores: 2.
- On-Board Ram: 2GB, DDR2 800MHz (no slot empty).
- Max. Ram: 6 GB.
- Video: 24″ TFT active matrix LCD, 1920 x 1200 pixels max resolution, viewing angle: 178° horizontal and 178° degrees vertical.
- Webcam: iSight Camera, 0.3 MP, 640 x 480 resolution.
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GS graphics acceleration with 512 MB of GDDR3.
- Storage: 1 TB, 7200-rpm Ultra ATA-66, hard drives up to 750 GB and 1TB available for BTO models.
- Input\Output: 3x USB 2.0, 1 Firewire 400, 1 Firewire 800, built-in microphone, built-in speakers, audio out, audio input/output, iSight webcam.
- Optical drive: 8X DVD+R DL “Super Drive”.
- Internet \ Wireless connection: Integrated Airport Extreme 802.11 a/b/g/n, Gigabit Ethernet Optional 56k V.92 USB modem, Bluetooth 2.1+EDR, built-in infrared (IR) receiver for Apple Remote.
- Preinstalled OS: X 10.5.2 (9C2028).
- OS max. upgrade: 10.11.x.
- Dimensions: 20.5 x 22.4 x 8.1 inch.
- Weight: 25.4 lb.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Model No: A1225 (EMC 2211).
Apple Order number: MB398LL/A.7.
Discontinued: March 3, 2009.
- The MacOS versions higher than the pre-installed one (i.e. Snow Leopard) may cause graphic problems.
- Getting ready to buy a new iDevice? Sell your old Apple device to iGotOffer for the highest price online – Sell old electronics now.
2008 Apple iMac 24″ 3.06 Ghz. Video uploaded on August 17, 2015 by Scirocco ThePunisher. 2008 iMac 24″ 3.06 Ghz 2GB Ram 500 GB HD. 2008 iMac 24″ 3.06 Ghz.