The iMac Core 2 Duo / 3.06 with 24-inches screen introduced in early 2009 is almost identical to the iMac Core 2 Duo Aluminum 24-inch of the previous year 2008. This is the all-in-one desktop computer in a glass and aluminum one-piece casing behind the 20-inches screen, mounted on an aluminum stand with a slightly tapered foot and an adjusting hinge. Yet the hardware had been revised. The memory clockspeed was increased up to 1066 MHz, the memory type was also upgraded up to DDR3. The entry-level iMacs of 2009 sports Nvidia Geforce Graphics, while top models – ATI Radeon. The FireWire “400” port was dropped for an extra USB port thus making four of them in total and the Mini-DVI was swapped for Mini DisplayPort. The processor remained the same. The Core 2 Duo 3.06 24-inches (Early 2009) features a 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor (E8435), with two independent processor “cores” on a single silicon chip, 4 GB of RAM, a 1TB GB Serial ATA hard drive (7200 RPM), a slot-loading DVD+R DL Super Drive, NVIDIA GeForce GT 130 graphics with 512 MB of dedicated GDDR3 memory, a built-in iSight webcam, a microphone and stereo speakers, as well as a Firewire “800” and 4 USB 2.0 ports. It also has built-in draft and enabled AirPort Extreme (802.11n 802.11a/b/g/n) and Bluetooth 2.1+EDR, Gigabit Ethernet and Mini DisplayPort capable of supporting a second display. The cooling system is CPU controlled and the in-built speakers are mounted beneath the 24” screen for the sound to bounce off the desk or other surface. The speakers’ grills also work as the vent ones. The iMac “Core 2 Duo” 3.06 20-inch (Early 2009) is shipped with a smaller Apple Keyboard short of the numerical keypad and Mighty Mouse.
iMac Core 2 Duo / 3.06 24-Inch (Early 2009)
Introduced on: March 3, 2009.
- Codename: Intel Mac.
- Processor Speed: 3.06 GHz.
- Processor Architecture: 64-bit.
- Processor type: Core 2 Duo (E8435) “Penryn”.
- Processor upgrade: ZIF Socket.
- Cores: 2.
- On-Board Ram: 4GB, DDR3 1066MHz (no slot empty).
- Max. Ram: 6 GB.
- Video: 24″ TFT active matrix LCD, 1920 x 1200 pixels max resolution, viewing angle: 178° horizontal and 178° degrees vertical.
- Webcam: iSight Camera, 0.3 MP, 640 x 480 resolution.
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 130 graphics acceleration with 512 MB of integrated memory.
- Storage: 1 TB, 7200-rpm Ultra ATA-66.
- Input\Output: 4x USB 2.0, 1 Firewire 800, built-in microphone, built-in speakers, audio out, audio input/output, iSight webcam.
- Optical drive: 8X DVD+R DL “Super Drive”.
- Internet \ Wireless connection: Integrated Airport Extreme 802.11n, 802.11a/b/g/n, Gigabit Ethernet Optional 56k V.92 USB modem, Bluetooth 2.1+EDR, built-in infrared (IR) receiver for Apple Remote.
- Preinstalled OS: X 10.5.6 (9G2030).
- OS max. upgrade: 10.11.x.
- Dimensions: 20.5 x 22.4 x 8.1 inch.
- Weight: 25.4 lb.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Model No: A1225 (EMC 2267).
Apple Order number: MB420LL/A.
Discontinued: October 20, 2009.
- The integrated video memory means that the video card doesn’t have any memory of its own and has to “borrow” it from the system. Thus the whole system performance is decelerated. Consequently, desktops with integrated video memory aren’t meant for games or any heavy-duty tasks.
- Check on our prices: At iGotOffer.com we buy old and used iMacs, instant quote, free shipping, fast payment: Used iMac for sale.