The iMac (20-inch, 2.0GHz Intel Core Duo, Early 2006) is the Intel iteration of the iMac (20-inch, 2.1GHz G5, iSight). Apple replaced Power PC processors for the Intel ones, applying the innovating double-core architecture. This iMacs line-up is known as Intel Macs. The iMac (20-inch, 2.0GHz Intel Core Duo, Early 2006) is the all-in-one desktop computer in a polycarbonate casing behind the 20” screen, mounted on an aluminum stand. The iMac (20-inch, 2.0GHz Intel Core Duo, Early 2006) can also be mounted on a wall or kiosk, for the casing meets the VESA standards. The ambient light sensor installed in the edge of the screen dims the sleep indicator light. The iMac (20-inch, 2.0GHz Intel Core Duo, Early 2006) features a 2.0 GHz Intel “Core Duo” processor (T2500), with two independent processor “cores” on a single silicon chip, 512 MB of RAM, a 250 GB Serial ATA hard drive (7200 RPM), a slot-loading 8X “Super Drive”, ATI Radeon X1600 graphics with 128 MB of GDDR SDRAM (PCI-Express), a built-in iSight webcam, a microphone and stereo speakers, as well as 2 Firewire “400” and 3 USB 2.0 ports. It also has built-in AirPort Extreme (802.11g) and Bluetooth 2.0+EDR, Gigabit Ethernet and mini-DVI capable of supporting a second display. The cooling system is CPU controlled and the in-built speakers are mounted beneath the 17” screen for the sound to bounce off the desk or other surface. The speakers’ grills also work as the vent ones. The iMac (20-inch, 2.0GHz Intel Core Duo, Early 2006) is shipped with Apple Mighty Mouse and Apple Remote and pre-installed Front Row and Photo Booth apps from the box.
iMac (20-inch, 2.0GHz Intel Core Duo, Early 2006)
- Introduced on January 10, 2006.
- Codename: Intel Mac.
- Processor Speed: 2.0 GHz.
- Processor Architecture: 32-bit.
- Processor type: Core Duo (T2400) “Yonah”.
- Processor upgrade: ZIF Socket.
- Cores: 2.
- On-Board Ram: 512 MB, DDR2 667MHz (one slot free).
- Video: 20″ TFT active matrix LCD, 1440 x 900/1680 x 1050 pixels max resolution, viewing angle: 170° horizontal and 170° degrees vertical.
- Webcam: iSight Camera, 0.3 MP, 640 x 480 resolution.
- Graphics: ATI Radeon X1600 graphics with 128 MB of GDDR SDRAM (PCI-Express).
- Storage: 250 GB, 7200-rpm Ultra ATA-66 up to 128 GB Hard Drive Supported.
- Input\Output: 3x USB 2.0, 2x Firewire 400, built-in microphone, built-in speakers, audio out, audio input/output, iSight webcam.
- Optical drive: 8X “Super Drive” (2.4X dual-layer burn speed).
- Internet \ Wireless connection: Integrated Airport Extreme 802.11b/g, Gigabit Ethernet Optional 56k V.92 USB modem, Bluetooth 2.0+EDR, built-in infrared (IR) receiver for Apple Remote.
- Preinstalled OS: X 10.4.4 (8G1165).
- OS max. upgrade: 10.6.8.
- Dimensions: 18.6 x 19.4 x 7.4 inch.
- Weight: 22.0 lb.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Model No: A1174 (EMC 2105).
Apple Order number: MA200LL/A.
Discontinued: September 6, 2006.
- The new Intel processors support Windows performance on iMacs and consume much less energy than old Power PC processors. Introducing Intel aroused much gossip about selling MacOS for IBM desktops, but it never came true.
- Trade in your used iMac for fast cash at iGotOffer.com: We Buy Old iDevices for the Best Price Online. Instant quote, top price, free shipping, fast payment: Used iMac for sale.