The iMac Core 2 Duo 1.83 IG with 17-inches screen is almost identical to the iMac Core Duo / 1.83 (IG) in everything except a newer and faster processor, a larger hard drive and graphics. Meant for educational purposes only, this iMac got much slower Intel GMA 950 integrated graphics but a new Core 2 Duo processor with a faster bus and larger cache and a hard drive doubled in capacity (180GB vs. 60GB). This iMacs line-up is known as Intel Macs. The iMac Core 2 Duo / 1.83 17-Inch (IG) is the all-in-one desktop computer in a polycarbonate casing behind the 17-inches screen, mounted on an aluminum stand with an adjusting hinge. The Core 2 Duo 1.83 17-inch features a 1.83 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor (T7200), with two independent processor “cores” on a single silicon chip, 512 MB of RAM, an 80 GB Serial ATA hard drive (7200 RPM), a slot-loading DVD-ROM/CD-RW “Combo” drive, an Intel GMA950 graphics processor with 64 MB of DDR2 SDRAM shared with main memory, a built-in iSight webcam, a microphone and stereo speakers, as well as 2 Firewire “400” and 3 USB 2.0 ports. It also has built-in AirPort Extreme (802.11g) and Bluetooth 2.0+EDR, Gigabit Ethernet and mini-DVI capable of supporting a second display. The cooling system is CPU controlled and the in-built speakers are mounted beneath the 17-inches screen for the sound to bounce off the desk or other surface. The speakers’ grills also work as the vent ones.
iMac Core 2 Duo 1.83 17-Inch (IG)
Introduced on: September 6, 2006.
- Codename: Intel Mac.
- Processor Speed: 1.83 GHz.
- Processor Architecture: 32-bit.
- Processor type: Core 2 Duo (T7200) “Merom”.
- Processor upgrade: ZIF Socket.
- Cores: 2.
- On-Board Ram: 512 MB, DDR2 667MHz (one slot free).
- Video: 17″ TFT active matrix LCD, 1440 x 900/1680 x 1050 pixels max resolution, viewing angle: 140° horizontal and 120° degrees vertical.
- Webcam: iSight Camera, 0.3 MP, 640 x 480 resolution.
- Graphics: an “Intel GMA950 graphics processor with 64 MB of DDR2 SDRAM shared with main memory”.
- Storage: 80 GB, 7200-rpm Ultra ATA-66 up to 128 GB Hard Drive Supported.
- Input\Output: 3x USB 2.0, 2x Firewire 400, built-in microphone, built-in speakers, audio out, audio input/output, iSight webcam.
- Optical drive: DVD-ROM/CD-RW drive.
- Internet \ Wireless connection: Integrated Airport Extreme 802.11b/g, Gigabit Ethernet Optional 56k V.92 USB modem, Bluetooth 2.0+EDR, built-in infrared (IR) receiver for Apple Remote.
- Preinstalled OS: 10.4.7 (8K1106).
- OS max. upgrade: 10.7.5.
- Dimensions: 16.9 x 16.8 x 6.8 inch.
- Weight: 15.5 lb.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Model No: A1195 (EMC 2124).
Apple Order number: MA710LL.
Discontinued: August 7, 2007.
- This lower-end and very short-lived iMac was meant for educational purposes only. So it got a week integrated graphics and the hard drive of smaller capacity. The low price made up for hardware cutbacks. This desktop was available not for persons working in education but for educational institutions.
- Save money for your new gadget, sell your old iMac online. Trade in your used iMac for fast cash at iGotOffer.com. We buy even broken iMacs!: Sell your iMac.