The iMac Core i5 3.3 with 27” screen introduced in October, 2015 sports the newest innovating quad core processor Intel Core-i5 Skylake and a Fusion Drive. The graphics shared memory as well as the RAM speed has also been boosted. The design is similar to the iMacs of 2012. This is the all-in-one desktop computer in an ultra-thin (5 mm depth at the edges) all-aluminum unibody casing behind the 27” LED-backlit IPS widescreen Retina 5K display. There’s a bulge though in the center of the back panel to house all the hardware. The computer is mounted on an aluminum stand with a slightly tapered foot and an adjusting hinge. The iMac “Core i5” 3.3 27” (Retina, 5K, late 2015) features a quad core 3.2GHz Intel “Core i5 I5- 6600” processor (Skylake), with four independent processor cores on a single chip, DMI system bus and an integrated graphics core, 8 GB of RAM, a 2 TB Fusion Drive, an SD memory slot card reader, an AMD Radeon R9 M395 graphics with 2 GB of shared memory, a built-in FaceTime HD webcam and stereo speakers, as well as two “Thunderbolt-2” ports and 4 USB 3.0 ports. It also has built-in AirPort Extreme (802.11g) and Bluetooth 4.0. The cooling system is CPU controlled and the in-built speakers are mounted beneath the 27” screen for the clearer less distorted sound to bounce off the desk or other surface. The speakers’ grills also work as the vent ones. The iMac “Core i5” 3.3 27” (Retina, 5K, late 2015) is shipped with a compact aluminum Apple Wireless Keyboard and either with a “Magic Mouse -2” or a traditional wired Apple Mouse or a multi-touch Magic Trackpad. Upgrade from “Magic Mouse -2” to a Magic Trackpad-2 is optional for an extra cost.
iMac Core i5 / 3.3 27-Inch (Retina, 5K, Late 2015 / Skylake)
Introduced on: October 13, 2015.
- Codename: iMac with Retina Display.
- Processor Speed: 3.3 GHz.
- Boost Speed: 3.9 GHz.
- Processor Architecture: 64-bit.
- Processor type: Core i5 (I5- 6600) “Skylake”.
- Processor upgrade: LGA 1151.
- Cores: 4.
- Graphics core: Yes.
- On-Board Ram: 8 GB, DDR3 1867 MHz, (4 GB x 2, two slots free).
- Max. Ram: 64 GB.
- Video: Retina 5k 27″ LED-backlit TFT active matrix IPS, 16:9 widescreen, 5120×2880 pixels max resolution.
- Webcam: FaceTime HD camera 720p, 0.9 MP, 1280 x 720 resolution.
- Graphics: AMD Radeon R9 M395 graphics with 2 GB of shared memory.
- Storage: 2 TB Fusion Drive.
- Fusion Drive: Yes.
- SSD supported: “blade” type.
- Input\Output: 4x USB 3.0, 2 “Thunderbolt-2” ports, built-in microphone, built-in speakers, audio out, audio input/output, FaceTime HD webcam, SD card reader, Kensington Lock slot.
- Optical drive: None.
- Card reader: SDXC card.
- Card format: SDXC.
- Internet \ Wireless connection: Integrated Airport Extreme 802.11 a/b/g/n, Gigabit Ethernet, Bluetooth 4.0.
- Preinstalled OS: 10.11 (15A4310).
- OS max. upgrade: 10.12 “Sierra”.
- Dimensions: 20.3 x 25.6 x 8 inch.
- Weight: 21 lb.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Model No: A1419 (EMC 2834).
Apple Order number: MK482LL/A.
- The AMD Radeon R9 M395X graphics processor with 4 GB of shared memory is available for upgrade at the time of purchase.
- Recycle your used iMac and switch to a new model: Sell your previous generation iMac to iGotOffer for the best price online. Instant quote, free fully insured shipping, fast secure payment.