The iMac (27-inch Retina 5K, 4.0GHz Intel Core i7, Late 2015) is a built-to-order iteration of the iMac (27-inch Retina 5K, 3.2GHz Intel Core i5, Late 2015) or the iMac (27-inch Retina 5K, 3.3GHz Intel Core i5, Late 2015) but with the top-class Core-i7 Skylake processor designed for overclocking. The desktop exterior design is similar to the iMacs of 2012. This is the all-in-one desktop computer in an ultra-thin (5 mm depth at the edges) all-aluminum unibody casing behind the 27” LED-backlit IPS widescreen Retina 5K display. There’s a bulge though in the center of the back panel to house all the hardware. The computer is mounted on an aluminum stand with a slightly tapered foot and an adjusting hinge.
iMac (27-inch Retina 5K, 4.0GHz Intel Core i7, Late 2015)
The iMac (27-inch Retina 5K, 4.0GHz Intel Core i7, Late 2015) features a quad core 3.2GHz Intel Core i7 I7- 6700K processor (Skylake), with four independent processor cores on a single chip, DMI system bus and an integrated graphics core, 8 GB of RAM, a 1 TB or a 2 TB Fusion Drive, an SD memory slot card reader, an AMD Radeon R9 M390 / M395 graphics with 2 GB of shared memory, a built-in FaceTime HD webcam and stereo speakers, as well as two “Thunderbolt-2” ports and 4 USB 3.0 ports. It also has built-in AirPort Extreme (802.11g) and Bluetooth 4.0. The cooling system is CPU controlled and the in-built speakers are mounted beneath the 27-inch screen for the clearer less distorted sound to bounce off the desk or other surface. The speakers’ grills also work as the vent ones. The iMac (27-inch Retina 5K, 4.0GHz Core i7, Late 2015) is shipped with a compact aluminum Apple Wireless Keyboard and either with a “Magic Mouse – 2” or a traditional wired Apple Mouse or a multi-touch Magic Trackpad. Upgrade from “Magic Mouse – 2” to a Magic Trackpad-2 is optional for an extra cost.
- Introduced on October 13, 2015.
- Codename: iMac with Retina Display.
- Processor Speed: 4.0 GHz.
- Boost Speed: 4.2 GHz.
- Processor Architecture: 64-bit.
- Processor type: Core i7 (I7- 6700) “Skylake”.
- Processor upgrade: LGA 1151.
- Cores: 4.
- Graphics core: Yes.
- On-Board Ram: 8 GB, DDR3 1867 MHz, (4 GB x 2, two slots free).
- Max. Ram: 64 GB.
- Video: Retina 5k 27″ LED-backlit TFT active matrix IPS, 16:9 widescreen, 5120×2880 pixels max resolution.
- Webcam: FaceTime HD camera 720p, 0.9 MP, 1280 x 720 resolution.
- Graphics: AMD Radeon R9 M390 / M395 graphics with 2 GB of shared memory.
- Storage: 1 TB or 2 TB Fusion Drive.
- Fusion Drive: Yes.
- SSD capacity: 128 MB.
- SSD supported: “blade” type.
- Input\Output: 4x USB 3.0, 2 “Thunderbolt-2” ports, built-in microphone, built-in speakers, audio out, audio input/output, FaceTime HD webcam, SD card reader, Kensington Lock slot.
- Optical drive: None.
- Card reader: SDXC card.
- Card format: SDXC.
- Internet \ Wireless connection: Integrated Airport Extreme 802.11 a/b/g/n, Gigabit Ethernet, Bluetooth 4.0.
- OS: Preinstalled OS: 10.11 (15A4310). OS max. upgrade: 10.12 “Sierra”.
- Dimensions: 20.3 x 25.6 x 8 inch.
- Weight: 21 lb.
|Model Number||A1419 (EMC 2834)|
|Family||27-inch Retina 5K, Late 2015|
|Dimensions||20.3 x 25.6 x 8 in|
|Processor||4.0Ghz Intel Core i7|
|Display Size||27 inches|
|Storage||1/2TB Fusion HD|
|See also||Sell your iMac (27-inch Retina 5K, 4.0Ghz Intel Core i7, Late 2015) online now|
- Price: $2299, $2549.
- Discontinuation: June 5, 2017.
- Some on-line shops sell the configured to order iMacs as refurbished ones, which is not quite true.
- Apple iMac Support: Manuals, User Guides, iOS and Apple Accessories Information
- How to Identify Your iMac – iGotOffer.com
- After choosing the next generation iMac, Trade In your iMac for cash to iGotOffer: We at iGotOffer buy used Devices for the best price online. Free instant quote, free fully insured shipping, fast and secure payment.
New iMac 5K Unboxing – Retina 27-inch Display (2015): Review and Benchmarks [Video]
Video uploaded by iCrackUriDevice on May 21, 2015