The iMac (27-inch, 2.8GHz Intel Core i7, Late 2009) is originally the built-to-order iteration of the iMac (27-inch, 2.66GHz Intel Core i5, Late 2009) introduced in late 2009. But the configuration seemed to be so successful that Apple started offering in as a standard one. This is the all-in-one desktop computer in an all-aluminum unibody casing behind the 27-inch LED-backlit IPS screen, covered by an edge-to-edge front glass and mounted on an aluminum stand with a slightly tapered foot and an adjusting hinge. The one thing to distinguish it from the previous standard model is the new quad core processor of i7 family. The iMac (27-inch, 2.8GHz Intel Core i7, Late 2009) features a quad core 2.8GHz Intel Core i7 I7-860 processor (Lynnfield/Nehalem), 4 GB of RAM, a 1TB Serial ATA hard drive (7200RPM), a slot-loading DVD+R DL “Super Drive”, Radeon HD 4670 graphics with 256 MB of memory shared with the system, or ATI Radeon HD 4850 graphics with 512 MB of shared memory, a built-in iSight webcam and stereo speakers, as well as a Firewire “800” and 4 USB 2.0 ports. It also has built-in draft and enabled AirPort Extreme (802.11g) and Bluetooth 2.1+EDR, Gigabit Ethernet and Mini DisplayPort capable of supporting a second display. The cooling system is CPU controlled and the in-built speakers are mounted beneath the 27-inch screen for the clearer less distorted sound to bounce off the desk or other surface. The speakers’ grills also work as the vent ones. The iMac (27-inch, 2.8GHz Intel Core i7, Late 2009) is shipped with a compact aluminum Apple Wireless Keyboard and a new multi-touch “Magic Mouse”, an aluminum remote control is optional and available for an extra cost.
iMac (27-inch, 2.8GHz Intel Core i7, Late 2009)
- Introduced on October 20, 2009.
- Codename: Intel Mac Unibody.
- Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz.
- Processor Architecture: 64-bit.
- Processor type: Core i7 I7-860 (Lynnfield/Nehalem).
- Processor upgrade: LGA 1156 (Socket H).
- Cores: 4.
- On-Board Ram: 4 GB, DDR3 1066 MHz (one 2GB module per slot, two slots free).
- Max. Ram: 32 GB.
- Video: 27″ LED-backlit TFT active matrix LCD, 16:9 widescreen, 2560 x 1440 pixels max resolution, viewing angle: 178° horizontal and 178° degrees vertical.
- Webcam: iSight Camera, 0.3 MP, 640 x 480 resolution.
- Graphics: Radeon HD 4850 graphics with 512 MB of memory shared with the system.
- Storage: 1 TB, 7200-rpm Ultra ATA-66 hard drives.
- Input\Output: 4x USB 2.0, 1 Firewire 800, built-in microphone, built-in speakers, audio out, audio input/output, iSight webcam.
- Optical drive: 8X DVD+R DL “Super Drive”.
- Card reader: SD card.
- Internet \ Wireless connection: Integrated Airport Extreme 802.11 a/b/g/n, Gigabit Ethernet Optional 56k V.92 USB modem, Bluetooth 2.1+EDR, built-in infrared (IR) receiver for Apple Remote.
- Preinstalled OS: X 10.6.2 (10C2234).
- OS max. upgrade: current.
- Dimensions: 20.4 x 25.6 x 8.15 inch.
- Weight: 30.5 lb.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Model No: A1312 (EMC 2374)..
Apple Order number: MC507LL/A.
Discontinued: July 27, 2010.
- The “Intel Core i7” processor as all the Intel Core i-xx processors is capable of threading, i.e. running several threads of commands per core. The feature supports multitask performance, so a user can run a range of programs with no efforts.
- Sell old iMac to iGotOffer for the best price online! Free instant quote, fast and secure payment: Old iMac for sale.