The iMac Core i7 / 2.8 27-Inch is originally the built-to-order iteration of the iMac Core i5 2.66 with 27-inch screen introduced in late 2009. But the configuration seemed to be so successful that Apple started offering in as a standard one. This is the all-in-one desktop computer in an all-aluminum unibody casing behind the 27-inch LED-backlit IPS screen, covered by an edge-to-edge front glass and mounted on an aluminum stand with a slightly tapered foot and an adjusting hinge. The one thing to distinguish it from the previous standard model is the new quad core processor of i7 family. The Core i7 2.8 27-inch (late 2009) features a quad core 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 I7-860 processor (Lynnfield/Nehalem), 4 GB of RAM, a 1TB Serial ATA hard drive (7200 RPM), a slot-loading DVD+R DL “Super Drive”, Radeon HD 4670 graphics with 256 MB of memory shared with the system, or ATI Radeon HD 4850 graphics with 512 MB of shared memory, a built-in iSight webcam and stereo speakers, as well as a Firewire “800” and 4 USB 2.0 ports. It also has built-in draft and enabled AirPort Extreme (802.11g) and Bluetooth 2.1+EDR, Gigabit Ethernet and Mini DisplayPort capable of supporting a second display. The cooling system is CPU controlled and the in-built speakers are mounted beneath the 27-inch screen for the clearer less distorted sound to bounce off the desk or other surface. The speakers’ grills also work as the vent ones. The iMac Core 2 Duo 2.66 27-inch (late 2009) is shipped with a compact aluminum Apple Wireless Keyboard and a new multi-touch “Magic Mouse”, an aluminum remote control is optional and available for an extra cost.
iMac Core i7 / 2.8 27-Inch (Late 2009) BTO/CTO
Introduced on: October 20, 2009.
- Codename: Intel Mac Unibody.
- Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz.
- Processor Architecture: 64-bit.
- Processor type: Core i7 I7-860 (Lynnfield/Nehalem).
- Processor upgrade: LGA 1156 (Socket H).
- Cores: 4.
- On-Board Ram: 4 GB, DDR3 1066 MHz (one 2GB module per slot, two slots free).
- Max. Ram: 32 GB.
- Video: 27″ LED-backlit TFT active matrix LCD, 16:9 widescreen, 2560 x 1440 pixels max resolution, viewing angle: 178° horizontal and 178° degrees vertical.
- Webcam: iSight Camera, 0.3 MP, 640 x 480 resolution.
- Graphics: Radeon HD 4850 graphics with 512 MB of memory shared with the system.
- Storage: 1 TB, 7200-rpm Ultra ATA-66 hard drives.
- Input\Output: 4x USB 2.0, 1 Firewire 800, built-in microphone, built-in speakers, audio out, audio input/output, iSight webcam.
- Optical drive: 8X DVD+R DL “Super Drive”.
- Card reader: SD card.
- Internet \ Wireless connection: Integrated Airport Extreme 802.11 a/b/g/n, Gigabit Ethernet Optional 56k V.92 USB modem, Bluetooth 2.1+EDR, built-in infrared (IR) receiver for Apple Remote.
- Preinstalled OS: X 10.6.2 (10C2234).
- OS max. upgrade: current.
- Dimensions: 20.4 x 25.6 x 8.15 inch.
- Weight: 30.5 lb.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Model No: A1312 (EMC 2374)..
Apple Order number: MC507LL/A.
Discontinued: July 27, 2010.
- The “Intel Core i7” processor as all the Intel Core i-xx processors is capable of threading, i.e. running several threads of commands per core. The feature supports multitask performance, so a user can run a range of programs with no efforts.
- Sell old iMac to iGotOffer for the best price online! Free instant quote, fast and secure payment: Old iMac for sale.