The iMac (27-inch Retina 5K, 4.0GHz Intel Core i7, Late 2015) is a built-to-order iteration of the iMac (27-inch Retina 5K, 3.2GHz Intel Core i5, Late 2015) or the iMac (27-inch Retina 5K, 3.3GHz Intel Core i5, Late 2015) but with the top-class Core-i7 Skylake processor designed for overclocking. The desktop exterior design is similar to the iMacs of 2012. This is the all-in-one desktop computer in an ultra-thin (5 mm depth at the edges) all-aluminum unibody casing behind the 27” LED-backlit IPS widescreen Retina 5K display. There’s a bulge though in the center of the back panel to house all the hardware. The computer is mounted on an aluminum stand with a slightly tapered foot and an adjusting hinge. The iMac (27-inch Retina 5K, 4.0GHz Intel Core i7, Late 2015) features a quad core 3.2GHz Intel Core i7 I7- 6700K processor (Skylake), with four independent processor cores on a single chip, DMI system bus and an integrated graphics core, 8 GB of RAM, a 1 TB or a 2 TB Fusion Drive, an SD memory slot card reader, an AMD Radeon R9 M390 / M395 graphics with 2 GB of shared memory, a built-in FaceTime HD webcam and stereo speakers, as well as two “Thunderbolt-2” ports and 4 USB 3.0 ports. It also has built-in AirPort Extreme (802.11g) and Bluetooth 4.0. The cooling system is CPU controlled and the in-built speakers are mounted beneath the 27-inch screen for the clearer less distorted sound to bounce off the desk or other surface. The speakers’ grills also work as the vent ones. The iMac Core i7 4.0 27-inch (Retina, 5K, late 2015) is shipped with a compact aluminum Apple Wireless Keyboard and either with a “Magic Mouse -2” or a traditional wired Apple Mouse or a multi-touch Magic Trackpad. Upgrade from “Magic Mouse -2” to a Magic Trackpad-2 is optional for an extra cost.
iMac (27-inch Retina 5K, 4.0GHz Intel Core i7, Late 2015)
- Introduced on October 13, 2015.
- Codename: iMac with Retina Display.
- Processor Speed: 4.0 GHz.
- Boost Speed: 4.2 GHz.
- Processor Architecture: 64-bit.
- Processor type: Core i7 (I7- 6700) “Skylake”.
- Processor upgrade: LGA 1151.
- Cores: 4.
- Graphics core: Yes.
- On-Board Ram: 8 GB, DDR3 1867 MHz, (4 GB x 2, two slots free).
- Max. Ram: 64 GB.
- Video: Retina 5k 27″ LED-backlit TFT active matrix IPS, 16:9 widescreen, 5120×2880 pixels max resolution.
- Webcam: FaceTime HD camera 720p, 0.9 MP, 1280 x 720 resolution.
- Graphics: AMD Radeon R9 M390 / M395 graphics with 2 GB of shared memory.
- Storage: 1 TB or 2 TB Fusion Drive.
- Fusion Drive: Yes.
- SSD capacity: 128 MB.
- SSD supported: “blade” type.
- Input\Output: 4x USB 3.0, 2 “Thunderbolt-2” ports, built-in microphone, built-in speakers, audio out, audio input/output, FaceTime HD webcam, SD card reader, Kensington Lock slot.
- Optical drive: None.
- Card reader: SDXC card.
- Card format: SDXC.
- Internet \ Wireless connection: Integrated Airport Extreme 802.11 a/b/g/n, Gigabit Ethernet, Bluetooth 4.0.
- OS: Preinstalled OS: 10.11 (15A4310). OS max. upgrade: 10.12 “Sierra”.
- Dimensions: 20.3 x 25.6 x 8 inch.
- Weight: 21 lb.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Model No: A1419 (EMC 2834).
Apple Order number: BTO / CTO.
Price: $2299, $2549.
- Some on-line shops sell the configured to order iMacs as refurbished ones, which is not quite true.
- After choosing the next generation iMac, sell your old computer to iGotOffer: We at iGotOffer buy used iDevices for the best price online. Free instant quote, free fully insured shipping, fast and secure payment.