iMac G5/1.9 17 Inches (iSight)
The iMac G5/1.9 iSight got a built-in iSight webcam for web conferences. The processor speed was decreased, but the front bus speed – increased, so all in all the iMac G5 iSight turns out a bit faster than its predecessors. The iMac G5/1.9 iSight is the all-in-one desktop computer in a polycarbonate casing behind the 17 inches screen, mounted on an aluminum stand. The casing is half an inch thinner and 15% lighter than previous iMac G5 models. The iMac G5/1.9 iSight can also be mounted on a wall or kiosk, for the casing meets the VESA standards. The ambient light sensor installed in the edge of the screen dims the sleep indicator light. The iMac G5/1.9 17-inch (iSight) features a 1.9 GHz PowerPC 970 fx (G5) processor with an optimized AltiVec “Velocity Engine” vector processing unit, 512 MB of SDRAM, a 160 GB Serial ATA hard drive (7200 RPM), a slot-loading 8X “Super Drive”, ATI Radeon 9600 Pro graphics with 128 MB of DDR SDRAM (AGP 8X), an ambient light sensor and built-in stereo speakers, as well as 2 Firewire “400” and 3 USB 2.0 ports. It also supports AirPort Extreme (802.11g) and Bluetooth, but the cards are optional and installed at the factory. The cooling system is CPU controlled and the in-built speakers are mounted beneath the 17-inches screen for the sound to bounce off the desk or other surface. The speakers’ grills also work as the vent ones. The iMac G5/1.8 is shipped with Apple Mighty Mouse and Apple Remote from the box.
iMac G5/1.9 17-Inches (iSight)
Introduced on: October 12, 2005.
- Codename: “Q87”.
- Processor Speed: 1.9 GHz.
- Processor Architecture: 64-bit.
- Processor type: PowerPC G5 970fx (POWER4).
- Processor upgrade: soldered.
- Cores: 1.
- On-Board Ram: 512 MB, DDR 400MHz.
- Video: 17 inches TFT active matrix LCD, 1440 x 900/1680 x 1050 pixels max resolution, viewing angle: 140° horizontal and 90° degrees vertical.
- Webcam: iSight Camera, 0.3 MP, 640 x 480 resolution.
- Graphics: ATI Radeon 9600 graphics with 128 MB of DDR SDRAM (AGP 8X).
- Storage: 160 GB, 7200-rpm Ultra ATA-66 up to 128 GB Hard Drive Supported.
- Input\Output: 3x USB 2.0, 2x Firewire 400, built-in microphone, built-in speakers, audio out, audio input/output, iSight webcam.
- Optical drive: 8X “Super Drive”.
- Internet \ Wireless connection: Integrated Airport Extreme 802.11b/g, Gigabit Ethernet Optional 56k V.92 USB modem, Bluetooth 2.0+EDR, built-in infrared (IR) receiver for Apple Remote
- Preinstalled OS: 10.4.2.
- OS max. upgrade: 10.5.8.
- Dimensions: 16.9 x 16.8 x 6.8 inch.
- Weight: 15.5 lb.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Model No: A1144 (EMC 2081).
Apple Order number: MA063LL/A.
Discontinued: January 10, 2006.
- The iSight webcam can take snaps and shoot a short video. There’re a number of apps to add various tricks and special effects to the photos or to edit the video, like Photo Booth and iCamShare.
- Sell your old and used iMac for the highest price online in the US: We at iGotOffer buy even broken iDevices. Free instant quote, free insured shipping, fast payment! – Used iMac for sale.
CommentsSo empty here ... leave a comment!