This second generation of iPad mini tablet computers developed by Apple Inc. was previously marketed as the iPad mini with Retina display has a design almost identical to that of the first generation iPad mini. The iPad mini 2 internal specifications closely match those of the iPad Air. When the iPad mini 2 was announced during a keynote at the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts, the theme of the keynote was named We still have a lot to cover.
iPad Mini 2
Announced on October 22, 2013. Introduction: November 12, 2013.
- Processor: System-on-chipApple A7 with 64-bit architecture. Coprocessor Apple M7. System-on-chip CPU 1.3 GHz dual-core Apple Cyclone.
- Processor Speed: 1.3 Ghz.
- Onboard RAM: 1 GB.
- Memory: 1GB LPDDR3 DRAM.
- Storage: Originally 16, 32, 64, and 128 GB flash memory. 64 and 128 GB discontinued later.
- OS: Pre-Installed OS – iOS 7.0.3. Supported by iOS 8 (with the exception of “Health” functionality). Supported by iOS 9 (lacks support for the Split View interface feature). Supported by the iOS 10.
- Networking: Wi-Fi. 802.11 a/b/g/n at 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz. Bluetooth 4.0. GSM. UMTS / HSDPA 850, 1700, 1900, 2100 MHz. GSM / EDGE 850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz. CDMA CDMA/EV-DO Rev. A and B. 800, 1900 MHz LTE. Multiple bands A1490: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 13, 17, 18, 19, 20, 25, 26; A1491: 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 8, 18, 19, 20 and TD-LTE 38, 39, 40.
- Display: Retina DisplayDisplay. 2048×1536 px (326 PPI), 7.9 in (200 mm) diagonal, 4:3 LED-backlit IPS LCD.
- Graphics: PowerVR G6430 (four cluster@450 MHz).
- Input: Multi-touch screen, headset controls, proximity and ambient light sensors, 3-axis accelerometer, 3-axis gyroscope, digital compass.
- Location: WiFi-Assisted GPS (Assisted/Cellular GPS on 3G models), Digital Compass.
- Cameras: Front camera: 1.2 MP, 720p HD. Rear camera: 5.0 MP AF, iSight with Five Element Lens, Hybrid IR filter, video stabilisation, face detection, HDR, ƒ/2.4 aperture.
- Battery: Built-in rechargeable Li-Po battery. 3.75 V 24.3 W·h (6,471 mA·h).The battery life is reportedly 10 hours surfing the web on Wi-Fi, watching video, or listening to music.
- Audio Support: AAC (8 to 320 Kbps), Protected AAC (from iTunes Store), HE-AAC, MP3 (8 to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Audible (formats 2, 3, 4, Audible Enhanced Audio, AAX, and AAX+), Apple Lossless, AIFF, and WAV.
- Video Support: H.264 video up to 1080p, 60 frames per second, High Profile level 4.2 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; MPEG-4 video up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps per channel, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; Motion JPEG (M-JPEG) up to 35 Mbps, 1280 by 720 pixels, 30 frames per second, audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio in .avi file format.
- Accessories: The iPad mini 2nd Gen models include a Lightning to USB cable and USB power adapter.Online services: App Store, iTunes Store, iBookstore, iCloud, Game Center.
- Dimensions: Height 7.9 in. Width: 5.30 in. Depth: 0.30 in.
- Weight: Wi-Fi: 0.730 lb. Wi-Fi + Cellular: 0.752.
- Colors: Housing color black or white. Either a black-trimmed front and a medium colored gunmetal Space Gray matte back or a white-trimmed front and a silver aluminum matte back.
Apple Models, Price
Apple Order No: 16 GB configuration in black and Space Gray – ME276LL/A. The 32 GB ME277LL/A. 64 GB – ME278LL/A.128 GB ME856LL/A. respectively. The 16 GB in white and silver – ME279LL/A. 32 GB – ME280LL/A. 128 GB configuration in white and silver ME860LL/A.
Introductory price Wi-Fi: 16 GB: $399, 32 GB: $499, 64 GB: $599, 128 GB: $699. Introductory price Wi-Fi + Cellular: 16 GB: $529, 32 GB: $629, 64 GB: $729, 128 GB: $829. In October 2014, the high-end models were discontinued. The 16 GB and 32 GB models received $100 price cuts.
- The iPad mini 2 can act as a hotspot with some carriers, sharing its Internet connection over Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or USB, and also access the Apple App Store which allows users to browse and download applications from the iTunes Store that were developed with Xcode and the iOS SDK and were published through Apple. From the App Store, GarageBand, iMovie, iPhoto, and the iWork apps (Pages, Keynote, and Numbers) are available.
- The iPad mini 2 has a bluetooth function that attaches a wireless keyboard or headset. Users can access a wireless keyboard that can be used in Apple Pages or any writing program that needs editing.
- The iPad mini 2 comes with several pre-installed applications, including Siri, Safari, Mail, Photos, Video, Music, iTunes, App Store, Maps, Notes, Calendar, Game Center, Photo Booth, and Contacts.
- The iPad mini 2 has an iBooks application (originally an optional app, though since the release of iOS 8, it comes pre-installed).
- The iPad mini 2 uses the same home button as its predecessor and therefore does not support Touch ID and fingerprint sensor, a feature added in the succeeding iPad mini 3.
- The 2nd generation iPad mini introduced support for many additional LTE bands worldwide. The iPad mini with Retina display cellular model comes in two variants each, all of which support nano-SIMs, quad-band GSM, penta-band UMTS, and dual-band CDMA EV-DO Rev. A and B. Additionally, one variant of each iPad also supports LTE bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 13, 17, 18, 19, 20, 25 and 26 while the other variant supports LTE bands 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 8, 18, 19, 20 and TD-LTE bands 38, 39 and 40. Apple’s ability to handle many different bands in one device allowed it to offer, for the first time, a single iPad variant which supports all the cellular bands and technologies deployed by all the major North American wireless providers at the time of the device’s introduction.
- Moreover, with T-Mobile USA selling the iPad Mini with Retina display, this model along with iPad Air became the first iPads that were made available for purchase directly from all four nationwide U.S. wireless carriers.
- You can recycle your old iPad mini 2 by selling it to iGotOffer.com for the best price online: We Buy Used iPad mini 2, get your quote immediately! – Sell iPod mini 2.
Apple iPad mini 2 Review. video uploaded by PhoneArena, on November 20, 2013. The iPad mini just had one glaring omission — it lacked Apple’s fancy termed Retina Display. Well folks, Apple made sure to remedy that with this year’s model, the aptly named Apple iPad mini with Retina Display. Armed with that higher resolution display that we desperately sought out last year, it’s also blessed with the usual assortment of upgrades…