The iPhone 7 was introduced at Apple’s “See you on the 7th” event on September 7, 2016, along with iPhone 7 Plus phone. The new smartphone was presented as The Best, Most Advanced iPhone Ever Including Breakthrough New Camera Systems, the Best Battery Life Ever in an iPhone and Water & Dust Resistance.
Apple iPhone 7 Full Information
“iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus dramatically improve every aspect of the iPhone experience, reaching a new level of innovation and precision to make this the best iPhone we have ever made,” said Philip Schiller, Apple’s senior vice president of Worldwide Marketing.
- Announced on September 7, 2016.
- Available to pre-order on September 9, 2016.
- Released on September 16, 2016.
- Processor: Apple’s A10 Fusion chip.
- Onboard RAM: 2GB.
- Storage capacity: 32, 128, 256 GB.
- OS: iOS10.
- Display: Retina HD display. 4.7-inch 1334 x 750 LED-backlit IPS display at 326 ppi.
- SIM card: Nano-SIM.
- Front camera: 7 MP photos and video. FaceTime Video Calls supported. 1080p video recording.
- Rear camera: 12 MP with Autofocus and manual focus (Tap to focus), supporting 4K 3840x2160p at 30fps. HD 1080p video recording @ 30 – 60 FPS, 720p at 30fps.
- Voice assistant: Siri.
- Connectivity: Built-in support for Wi-Fi.
- Connector: Lightning Connector.
- Battery: Lithium Ion battery. Non-removable. Talk time: Up to 14 hours on 3G. Internet use: Up to 12 hours on 3G, up to 12 hours on LTE, up to 14 hours on Wi-Fi. Video playback: Up to 13 hours, Audio playback: Up to 40 hours. Standby time: Up to 10 days.
- Dimensions: 5.44 inches (height) x 2.64 inches (width) x 0.28 inch (depth).
- Weight: 138 g (4.87 oz).
- Color available: Rose Gold, Gold, Silver, Black, Jet Black.
|Model Number||A1660, A1778, A1779 (Japan)|
(engraved on the back cover)
|Display Size||4.7 inches|
|Dimensions||138.3 x 67.1 x 7.1 mm (5.44 x 2.64 x 0.28 in)|
|Weight||138 g (4.87 oz)|
|Capacity||32/128/256GB, 2GB RAM|
|Colors||Black, jet black, gold, rose gold, silver, red|
|Front Panel||Flat and made of glass with curved edges|
|Back Panel||Anodized aluminum|
|SIM tray||On the right side that holds a 4FF (short for “fourth form factor”) or nano-SIM card|
|Serial Number||You will find it in the Settings menu|
|IMEI/MEID||+ Etched on the back cover. The MEID is the first 14 digits of the IMEI|
+ You can use the IMEI/MEID instead of the serial number
|See also||Sell used iPhone 7 online now|
Apple Models, Discontinuation, Price
- $US 649 with 32GB
- $US749 with 128GB
- US$849 with the high-end 256GB.
- Additional camera advancements include the new Apple-designed Image Signal Processor, which processes over 100 billion operations on a single photo in as little as 25 milliseconds, resulting in incredible photos and videos; new 7-megapixel FaceTime HD camera with wide color capture, advanced pixel technology and auto image stabilization for selfies; and Quad-LED True Tone flash that is 50 percent brighter than iPhone 6s including a sensor that detects the flickering in lights and compensates for it in videos and photos.
- The new custom-designed Apple A10 Fusion chip features a new architecture that makes it the most powerful chip ever in a smartphone, while also getting more time between charges with the longest battery life ever in an iPhone. The A10 Fusion’s CPU has four cores, seamlessly integrating two high-performance cores that run up to two times faster than iPhone 6, and two high-efficiency cores that are capable of running at just one-fifth the power of the high-performance cores.
- iPhone 7’s graphics performance is also more powerful, running up to three times faster than iPhone 6 at as little as half the power, enabling a new level of gaming and professional apps.
- Other than its advanced camera systems, and better battery life, the iPhone 7 has an immersive stereo speakers.
- iPhone 7 was launched in more than 25 countries on Friday, September 16, 2016.
- iPhone 7 includes support for up to 25 LTE bands, for the best worldwide roaming in the industry, and LTE Advanced for three times faster data rates than iPhone 6 at up to 450 Mbps.
- For customers in Japan, iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus support the FeliCa contactless technology, bringing the ability to use credit and prepaid cards, including on iD and QuicPay domestic networks, and Suica, Japan’s dominant transit card issued by JR East, the world’s largest transit operator.
- New AirPods, Apple’s innovative new wireless headphones, weave simplicity and technology together to reinvent the wireless experience making headphones easy to use. Featuring the Apple W1 chip, AirPods have extremely efficient wireless communication for a better connection, improved sound and industry-leading battery life.
- iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus come with iOS 10. iOS 10 introduces a huge update to Messages that delivers more expressive and animated ways to message friends and family, the ability for Siri to do more by working with apps, new ways to interact with apps and even more places to use 3D Touch, redesigned Maps, Photos, Apple Music and News apps, and the Home app, delivering a simple and secure way to manage home automation products in one place. iOS 10 also opens up opportunities for developers with Siri, Maps, Phone and Messages APIs, allowing customers to do more than ever with the apps they love to use.
- Through Apple’s iPhone Upgrade Program, customers in the US, and for the first time in the UK and China, can get an unlocked iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus, with the protection of AppleCare+, choose their carrier and have the opportunity to upgrade to a new iPhone every year. The iPhone Upgrade Program is available at Apple.com and Apple Stores in the US with monthly payments starting at $32.
- Every customer who buys iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus from Apple will be offered free Personal Setup, in-store or online, to help them customize their iPhone by setting up email, showing them new apps from the App Store and more.
- iPhone 7 is the only smartphone without a headset jack. Engineers dropped the socket to save up some space for an innovative haptic engine.
- To sell your used iPhone 7 and save money for the new smartphone, go to iGotOffer.com now. We buy your iPhones for the best price online. Free instant quote, free fully insured shipping, fast and secure payment.
- iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus Info – Safety, Warranty, Regulatory Information by Apple (in PDF format).
- iOS 10 User’s Guide by Apple (in PDF format).
- iOS 10 Software Deployment Reference by Apple (in PDF format).
iPhone 7 Review [Video]
Let’s get right down to it: if Apple had launched the iPhone 7 in place of the iPhone 6S last year, it would probably have been the phone of the year. Published by TechRadar on September 15, 2016.