The iPod mini 2nd Gen is almost identical to the previous model. The casing colors (silver, blue, pink and green but no gold anymore) become richer, the battery life is boosted up to 18 hours as well as the capacity – up to 6 Gb. In every other aspect the iPod mini 2nd Gen remains the tiniest mp3 hard drive player at the time of introduction in the anodized aluminum case, offered in five colors: silver, gold, pink, green and blue. The iPod mini 2nd gen has a grayscale LCD display with LED backlight and a ClickWheel for navigation under which pressure sensitive buttons are hidden. The battery provides up to 18 hours of playback, but unfortunately it is not a user-replaceable one. The iPod mini 2nd gen has also such features as a voice recorder, an alarm clock and some games. As for connectivity, it can also boast an audio out connection for stand-alone powered speakers and a USB-earphone jack dock typical for iPods. Also an armband was being offered as an option but still the player worn that way proved to be too cumbersome for any physical activity.
iPod Mini 2nd Gen 4 Gb, 6 Gb
Introduced on February 23, 2005.
- Processor Speed: 80 MHz (x2).
- Processor Type: PP5020.
- Onboard RAM: 32 MB.
- Storage capacity: 4 GB. 6 GB.
- Connectivity: USB, FireWIre.
- Mac support: Mac 10.2.8.
- Dimensions: 3.6 x 2.0 x 0.5.
- Average weight: 3.6 oz.
- Navigation: Click wheel with pressure sensitive buttons under it.
- Format: MP3.
- Battery Type: Lithium ion battery provides 8 hours of playback.
- Colors: Silver, pink, green, blue.
How to Adjust iPod Settings
You can change settings directly on iPod in the Settings menu.
Setting iPod to Shuffle Songs: You can set iPod to play songs or albums in random order. To shuffle and begin playing all your songs do as follows:
Select Shuffle Songs from the iPod main menu. iPod begins playing songs from your entire music library in random order, skipping audiobooks. To set iPod to shuffle songs or albums every time you play a song:
- Select Settings from the iPod main menu.
- Set Shuffle to Songs or to Albums.When you set iPod to shuffle songs by selecting Settings > Shuffle, iPod shuffles songs within the list (album or playlist, for example) from which the songs are playing. When you set iPod to shuffle albums, it plays all the songs on an album in order, then randomly selects another album in the list and plays through it in order.
Setting iPod to Repeat Songs: You can set iPod to repeat a song over and over, or to repeat a sequence of songs. iPod repeats songs within the list from which the songs are playing.
To set your iPod to repeat songs: Select Settings from the iPod main menu. To repeat all songs in the list, set Repeat to All. If you want to repeat one song over and over, set Repeat to One.
How to Set the Click Wheel Sound
When you scroll through menu items, you can hear a clicking sound through the iPod internal speaker to let you know the Click Wheel is working. You can set the Click Wheel sound to play through the headphones instead, or you can turn it off.
To set how your iPod plays the Click Wheel sound, select Settings from the iPod main menu:
- To set the Click Wheel sound to play through the headphones, set Clicker to Headphones.
- To turn off the Click Wheel sound, set Clicker to Off.
- If you want to set the Click Wheel sound to play through the iPod internal speaker, set Clicker to Speaker.
- If however you prefer to set the Click Wheel sound to play through both the iPod internal speaker and the headphones, set Clicker to Both.
How to set songs to play at the same relative volume level: iTunes can automatically adjust the volume of songs, so they play at the same relative volume level. You can also set iPod to use the iTunes volume settings.
To set iTunes to adjust all songs to play at the same relative sound level:
- In iTunes, choose iTunes – Preferences if you are using a Mac, or choose Edit – Preferences if you are using a Windows PC.
- Click Effects and select Sound Check.
How to Use the iPod Equalizer
You can use equalizer presets to change iPod sound to suit a particular music genre or style. For example, to make rock music sound better, set the equalizer to Rock. Select Settings – EQ and select an equalizer preset.
If you have assigned an equalizer preset to a song in iTunes and the iPod equalizer is set to Off, then the song plays using the iTunes setting. See iTunes and Music Store Help for more information.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation
Apple Order: M9800LL/A.
Apple Model No: A1051 (EMC 2044).
Discontinued: September 7, 2005.
- The new renovated Click Wheel proved to be very comfortable for one-hand operation, since it offers a physical feedback once the function is activated.
- The button “hold” on top of the case locks all the function. The unlabeled central button of the Click Wheel is Select. Precise controls let a user to scroll not only a lengthy song lists but lengthy song as well.
- Keep in mind, in this iPod mini model Belkin Voice Recorder and not Griffin iTalk is installed.
- Want to recycle your old iPod mini? Sell it for the best price online to iGotOffer.com. Free instant quote, free fully insured shipping, fast and secure payment: Sell my iPod.