The iPod shuffle 4th Gen 2 Gb released in late 2012 is identical to the previous 4th generation model in everything except colors and operating system support. The 5 button operating scheme plus the VoiceOver action button on top. The player can speak the name of songs, artists and playlists in 14 languages and boasts the Genius Mixer function as well. That is, Genius can compile a playlist picking up similar songs. The housing is offered in seven colors – dark grey and silver with a black click wheel ring and blue, purple, red, pink, yellow and green with a white click wheel ring. There’s only one 2 Gb version for all colors with battery life up to 15 hours.
iPod Shuffle 4th Gen 2 Gb (Late 2012)
Introduced on September 12, 2012.
- Processor Type: Samsung ARM.
- Storage capacity: 2 GB.
- Connectivity: USB.
- Mac support: Mac 10.5.8.
- Dimensions: 1.14 x 1.24 x 0.34.
- Average weight: 0.44 oz.
- Navigation: Click wheel on front, voice over button on top.
- Format: MP3.
- Battery Type: Lithium ion battery provides 10 hours of playback.
- Colors: Silver, dark grey, blue, purple, red, pink, green.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation
Apple Order: MD779LL/A.
Apple Model No: A1373 (EMC 2400).
Discontinued: July 15, 2015.
- Unlike the previous models, especially the unlucky 3rd generation one, iPod shuffle 4th generation shows excellent results with hi-fi semi-professional headphones. There’s no hiss between tracks and the sound is richer. It’s not the top but acceptable result for audio player that small.
- You can sell your old iPod shuffle 4th generation visiting the website iGotOffer.com: We buy all your old and used electronic devices and we offer the best price online for them: Sell iPod.