Q: Can I remove jailbreak from an iPhone or iPad?
A: Yes. You can do it from a backup via iTunes.
Q: How can I restore my device via iTunes?
How to Remove Jailbreak Safely and Restore Your iPhone or iPad
To restore the device via iTunes, follow the steps listed below…
- Open iTunes.
- Connect your iPhone to the PC or Mac.
- Enable the backup when prompted.
- From the left sidebar, pick your device in iTunes.
- Click on Restore and then select Backup.
iTunes will now restore your device while making sure the old apps, music, photos and contacts remain intact. All jailbreak data as well as tweaks and jailbreak apps will be removed completely. This is a safe way to remove jailbreak.
Q: I want to restore my device to its original state. What should I do?
A: There is another way: from a stock IPSW file or from Apple’s servers. Your iPhone and iPad will be like new.
To restore your iPhone or iPad as a new device, follow the steps listed below.
Backup on iCloud:
- Go to Settings.
- Tap on iCloud.
- Tap on Storage & Backup iCloud Storage Backup in iPhone.
- Click on Backup Now.
iCloud Backup will start.
This backup will help you get back your apps, music and pictures. Now you can proceed to restoring your device as new:
- Open iTunes.
- Connect your iPhone.
- Select the device from the left sidebar.
- Click on Restore.
- Disable backup (Cancel, when prompted for the backing up option).
You will be connected to Apple Servers and the latest iOS firmware will be installed. Obviously, all the data will be erased and lost forever, but you can download it back from your iCloud backup.
If some iTunes Errors occur during the process of restoration, do the following:
- Download the IPSW file directly to your local disk.
- Click Shift+Restore and choose the IPSW file you downloaded. This will install the IPSW on your iPhone.
- If you are looking for somewhere to sell your used smartphone or iPad, you’ve come to the right place. At iGotOffer, we offer the best price for your used device, and you will certainly get the right amount of money for it: Check our prices.
- Jailbreaking Apple devices, pro and contras.
- How to jailbreak your iPhone (By MacWorld)