Today’s technology enables our iPhones to listen to words we speak and accomplish the tasks we speak. We can also dictate texts instead of typing them using a keyboard. So Apple uses Siri as iPhone’s and iPad’s voice recognition feature. Siri is pretty easy to use. You’ll need a little practice to figure out the best way give commands. But as Siri always confirms the command you speak, you’ll be able to undo a command before it gets done.
Siri: Getting Started
How to Get Started With Siri
A good thing about Siri is that you don’t have to train it to work with your voice. Indeed, just speak normally, and Siri will understand what you say. You can talk to Siri like you talk to other people, without using any specific kind of phrases.
How to Set Up Siri
In fact, Siri doesn’t take much to set up, as the system is set up by default when you first turn on your device.
- Tap Settings
- Tap General
- Tap Siri and look at the Siri switch. If the switch is Off (it will be white then), slide it to On (the switch will become green).
- Tap Enable Siri.
- If you don’t want that Siri activates when you say Hey Siri, you can set the Allow Hey Siri switch to Off. Otherwise turn the switch to On (green color).
- Now tap Language and swipe up and down the screen to see all the languages Siri can use, in order to select the language you prefer. Tap that language.
- Tap Siri.
- Tap Voice Gender and tap the gender of the voice you want Siri to use to speak to you. Note that not all languages support the Gender feature.
- Tap Siri.
- Tap Voice Feedback, and Siri will provide you with audible confirmation when you give a command. Now when you tell Siri a command, she (Siri is a lady, of course!) will repeat the command she thinks you told her. So you know what she is doing without having to look at the screen.
- If you prefer that Siri always provides you with voice feedback, tap Always. If you want voice feedback when you are operating handsfree mode, tap Handsfree Only, and you’ll only see Siri’s feedback on the screen, which is faster than the voice feedback.
- Tap Siri.
- Tap My Info.
- Go to Contacts app to find your information. Now Siri will know what name to use when she addresses you.
- Now you are ready to meet Siri!
- Check on our prices for your old Apple Watch 1st series. Sell it now to iGotOffer.com and save money for Apple Watch 2nd series!