It always help to install any software updates that Apple releases, to keep Apple Watch running well. Indeed, updated software usually contain fixes for problems. They may also contain new features or improve battery life.
Use the Apple Watch app on iPhone to check for new Apple Watch software, and install it on Apple Watch. Don’t forget that to install an update Apple Watch should be charged to at least 50 percent. It must be connected to its charger, and have it within range of iPhone.
How to Update Apple Watch Software
- Press Home on iPhone.
- On the Apple Watch icon, see if a red badge indicates if an update is available.
- Tap Apple Watch to open the Apple Watch app.
- Tap My Watch to see a badge indicating the number of updates available.
- Tap General to see the General screen.
- Tap Software Update to see the Software Update screen. If the Software update screen displays the message Your Software is Up to Date, tap General to return to the screen and skip the remaining steps described below. You can also tap Learn More to display information about the update.
- Tap Install. If the Installation Paused dialog box appears, connect Apple Watch to its charger and make sure the charge level is 50 percent or more, then tap OK to continue.
- When the Enter Passcode screen appears, type your passcode.
- When the Terms and Conditions screen appears, tap Agree on the screen (if you want to install the update, of course), then tap Agree in the Terms and Conditions dialog box that opens.
- When the Software Update screen appears again, the Installing on Apple Watch readout appears during the installation.
- When the installation finishes, the Software Update screen shows the new Watch OS version and the message Your Software is Up to Date.
- Tap General and the General screen will appear.
Apply the Update or Not
Trick: it is normally safe to apply updates as soon as they are available, but you may want to wait a week or two until many people have applied them. Thus you’ll see if an update reports problems. If so, it may be wise to wait for Apple to issue a new update.
- The best way to recycle your old Apple Watch : Sell it to iGotOffer for the highest price online. Free instant quote, free fully insured shipping, fast secure payment. Check on our prices: Apple Watch sale.