The Apple Cinema Display LED (24-inch) is meant to companion the laptops with small displays and a Mini DisplayPort (earlier Macs aren’t supported): the MacBook, MacBook Pro, and MacBook Air. It has an anodized aluminum casing with a slight bezel (but wider than that of its predecessor) and is mounted on an aluminum stand with an adjustable hinge.
- 1 Apple Cinema Display LED (24-Inch)
- 1.1 Release Date
- 1.2 Specifications
- 1.3 Apple Models, Discontinuation, Price
- 1.4 Features
- 1.5 Detailed Information
- 2 Miscellanea
- 3 Links
- 4 Apple 24-inch Unboxing [Video]
Apple Cinema Display LED (24-Inch)
The screen is covered with an anti-glare glass that is .75-inch-thick. The display also meets the Electronics Standards Association’s (VESA) mounting interface standard and can be mounted on a wall or an articulating arm. It is an active-matrix LED -backlit glossy display with IPS technology, and has a maximum resolution of 1920 x 1200 pixels, with an integrated three port USB hub, an iSight web-camera with a mic, as well as a 2.1 speaker system. It also has an octopus cable with three connectors (Mini DisplayPort, MagSafe, and USB 2.0) and therefore, can only be plugged into an Apple laptop.
October 14, 2008.
- Code name: Cinema Display.
- Frame material: Anodized Aluminum.
- Display type: TFT LCD.
- Display size: 24-inch.
- Format: “wide-screen”.
- Optimum resolution (in pixels): 1920 x 1200.
- Supported resolutions (in pixels): 1024 x 640, 1280 x 800.
- DPI/PPI: 94.3.
- Dot/Pixel pitch: N\A.
- Max. display colors: 16.7 Million.
- Viewing angle: 178 degrees horizontal, 178 degrees vertical.
- Response time: 14 ms.
- Brightness: 330 cd/m2.
- Contrast ratio: 1000:1.
- Built-in audio: 2.1.
- Built-in camera: iSight.
- USB 2.0: 3.
- Firewire: No.
- DVI: No.
- ADC: No.
- Mini DisplayPort: Yes.
- MagSafe: Yes.
- Power: 212 W.
- Supported MacOS: 10.5.
- Dimensions: 18.84 x 22.57 x 7.76.
- Average weight: 21 lbs.
Apple Models, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Model Number: A1267.
Apple Order Number: MB382LL/A.
Discontinued: On July 27, 2010.
Original Price: $ 899.00.
Setting Up the Computer with the Lid Closed
Users could close the lid of the computer and use just the Apple LED Cinema Display instead of the computer display.
To use the Apple LED Cinema Display with the computer’s display closed:
- Connect an external USB keyboard and mouse to the USB port on your display. Alternatively, it was possible to use the Bluetooth Setup Assistant to set up a wireless keyboard and mouse.
- Make sure the computer is turned on.
- Close the display on the computer to put it to sleep.
- After waiting a few seconds, press any key on the external keyboard or move the mouse to wake the computer.
Setting Up Sound Input and Output on the Display
The display allowed the user to listen to movies and other videos, listen to music, play games with sound and listen to other multimedia files through the speaker system. The user could also use the microphone to record sounds, or talk with friends using the iChat feature. To manage sound input and output, go to Sound preferences:
To set up sound input on the 24-inch LED Apple Cinema Display:
- Go to System Preferences from the Apple menu.
- Once in the System Preferences, click Sound.
- Then click the Input tab in Sound preferences.
- Next choose Display Audio to input sound through your display’s microphone.
To set up sound output on the display, do the following:
- Click the Output tab.
- Choose Display Audio to hear sound through the display’s speaker system.
These sound settings are used whenever the computer is connected to the cinema display, and they remain in effect until manually changed.
How to Use the Built-in iSight with the LED Cinema Display
The 24-inches Apple LED Cinema Display could use the built-in iSight camera and microphone to capture still images, video, and audio with applications such as iChat, iMovie, and Photo Booth features.
To set up the camera and microphone on display with iChat:
- Click the iChat icon in the Dock to open the iChat app.
- Choose iChat > Preferences.
- Then click Audio/Video.
- Choose Display iSight from the Camera pop-up menu.
- Choose Display Audio from the Microphone pop-up menu.
Setting Up Apple LED Cinema Display as Additional Display
When the user leaves the computer’s display open, the user can mirror the same image on both displays or use the displays as an extension of your desktop. Too set up video mirroring or extended desktop, the user should use Display preferences.
To set video mirroring or extended desktop:
- Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu
- Next click Displays.
- Click Arrangement and follow the onscreen instructions.
How to Adjust the Color and Brightness
You can use your Apple Keyboard to increase or decrease the brightness of the display. It is also possible to use System Preferences to adjust the resolution, brightness, and color settings.
To adjust the resolution, the number of colors, or the brightness of the display:
- Go to System Preferences from Apple menu
- Then click Displays.
- Once in the pan, click the Display tab.
- Choose a resolution or color setting, or drag the Brightness slider to adjust the brightness.
|Family||LED Cinema Display|
|Dimensions||18.84 x 22.57 x 7.76 in|
|Display Size||24 inches|
|See also||Sell your Apple LED Cinema Display (24-inch) online now|
- The Apple LED Cinema Display was designed to work seamlessly with the MacBook family of computers that have a Mini DisplayPort connector. It featured a 24-inch LED-backlit widescreen display, a MagSafe connector to charge the MacBook computer, a built-in iSight camera, a speaker system, and a microphone. The USB connection between the display and the computer enabled these features.
- Unlike its predecessors, Apple Cinema Display LED features multimedia, such as a webcam with a mic and a 2.1 speaker system. The main disadvantage of this monitor apart from its connectivity with laptops only, is the glossy surface. When turned off, the display looks much like a mirror. The anti-glare glass does little to improve the situation if only distorts the image slightly.
- See Apple Cinema Display Error Codes for details.
- When you get tired of your old Apple Cinema Display, sell it to iGotOffer and save for the new model. We Buy Old Apple Cinema Displays for the best price online: Apple Display for sale online. Check our prices.
- Apple LED Cinema Display (in PDF format).
Apple 24-inch Unboxing [Video]
Video published by Soldier Knows Best, on October 11, 2009.