Apple Cinema Display LED (24-Inch) is meant to companion the laptops with small displays and a Mini DisplayPort (earlier Macs aren’t supported): the MacBook, MacBook Pro, and MacBook Air. It has an anodized aluminum casing with a slight bezel (but wider than that of its predecessor) mounted on an aluminum stand with an adjustable hinge. The screen is covered with an antiglare glass that is .75-inch-thick. The display also meets Electronics Standards Association (VESA) mounting interface standard and can be mounted on a wall or an articulating arm. Technically it is an active-matrix LED -backlit glossy display with IPS technology and a maximum resolution of 1920×1200 pixels with an integrated three port USB hub, an iSight web-camera with a mic and a 2.1 speaker system. It also has an octopus cable with three connectors (Mini DisplayPort, MagSafe, and USB 2.0) and thus can be plugged to Apple laptops only.
Apple Cinema Display LED (24-Inch)
Introduction Date: October 14, 2008.
- Code name: Cinema Display.
- Frame material: Anodized Aluminum.
- Display Type: TFT LCD.
- Display Size: 24-Inch.
- Format: “wide-screen”.
- Optimum Resolution (pixels): 1920×1200.
- Supported Resolutions (pixels): 1024 x 640, 1280 x 800.
- DPI/PPI: 94.3.
- Dot/Pixel Pitch: N\A.
- Max. Display Colors: 16.7 Million.
- Viewing Angle: 178 degrees horizontal, 178 degrees vertical.
- Response Time: 14 ms.
- Brightness: 330 cd/m2.
- Contrast Ratio: 1000:1.
- Built-in Audio: 2.1.
- Built-in Camera: iSight.
- USB 2.0: 3.
- Firewire: No.
- DVI: No.
- ADC: No.
- Mini DisplayPort: Yes.
- MagSafe: Yes.
- Power: 212 W.
- Supported MacOS: 10.5.
- Dimensions: 18.84 x 22.57 x 7.76.
- Average Weight: 21 lbs.
Apple Models, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Order No: MB382LL/A.
Apple Model No: A1267.
Discontinued Date: July 27, 2010.
Original Price: $ 899.
- Unlike its predecessors, this display features multimedia, such as a webcam with a mic and a 2.1 speakers system. The main disadvantage of this monitor apart from its connectivity with laptops only, is the glossy surface. When turned off, the display looks much like a mirror. The antiglare glass does little to improve the situation if only distorts the image slightly.
- See Apple Cinema Display Error Codes for details.
- When you get tired of your old Apple Cinema Display, sell it to iGotOffer and save for the new model: We Buy Old Apple Cinema Displays for the best price online.