The Apple TV 4K (5th Generation) was introduced into the market on September 12, 2017. Despite the device’s external similarities to its predecessor, the Apple TV 4K features majorly updated internal features, paired with support for 4K and HDR movies, should the Apple TV be connected to a capable television, the HDR providing additional brightness and noticeably greater contrast.
Apple TV 4K (5th Generation)
Visually looking mostly identical to its predecessor, the difference between the two can be told by a number of visible cutouts on the new model, allowing a flow of cool air to reach the updated processor chip.
The Apple TV 4K (5th Generation) is presented in two storage offers: the 32GB model, priced at $179 at the time of its release, and the 64GB, priced $199. The increase in price asserted by Apple since the previous model of the Apple TV is not large, suggesting the customer lean towards the newer model. The suggested storage is proven to be sufficiently enough, since the device streams content as opposed to downloading it.
The Apple TV 4K (5th Generation) offers new additional Apps and features previously unavailable. The graphics of the device guarantee a stronger picture and sound than ever before.
|Model Number||A1842 (EMC 3124)|
|Introduced||September 12, 2017|
|Family||Apple TV 4K (5th generation)|
|Processor||2.3 GHz Apple A10X Fusion|
|HDMI||HDMI 2.0a (4K, 1080p or 720p)|
|Ethernet||10/100/1000 BASE-T Ethernet|
|Wi-Fi||802.11a/b/g/n/ac with MIMO|
|Bluetooth||Bluetooth 5.0 wireless technology|
|Input/output||IR receiver. USB‑C (for service and support)|
|Video Formats||- H.264/HEVC SDR video up to 2160p, 60 fps, Main/Main 10 profile
- HEVC Dolby Vision (Profile 5)/HDR10 (Main 10 profile) up to 2160p
- H.264 Baseline Profile level 3.0 or lower with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps per channel, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats
- MPEG-4 video up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 fps, Simple profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats
|Audio Formats||HE-AAC (V1), AAC (up to 320 Kbps), protected AAC (from iTunes Store), MP3 (up to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Apple Lossless, FLAC, AIFF, and WAV; AC-3 (Dolby Digital 5.1), E-AC-3 (Dolby Digital Plus 7.1 surround sound), and Dolby Atmos|
|Photo Formats||HEIF, JPEG, GIF, TIFF|
|Dimensions||3.9 x 3.9 x 1.4 in|
|Price||Starting at $179|
|See also||Sell Apple TV 4K (5th generation) online now|
- The Apple TV 4K (5th Generation) is power by the A10X Fusion processor – the same processor powering the iPad Pro. Apple officially supports up to 3GB of RAM.
- The device supports the Dolby Vision platform along with its standard HDR10 HDR. With the later added support of Dolby Atmos, the Apple TV 4K (5th Generation) essentially became the only streaming device supporting both Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos at the time.
- As claimed by Apple, the devices ability of “automatic detection” of a Apple TV 4K’s capabilities and adaptation to the detected results allows for a smoother running of its system.
The Apple TV 4K’s connectivity features include HDMI 2.0a, Bluetooth 5.0 and 802.11ac wireless networking.
- TV – Apple
- Apple TV 4K brings home the magic of cinema with 4K and HDR – Apple
- Sell your Apple TV 4K (5th Generation) online now – iGotOffer
Apple TV 4K review [Video]
Video published by The Verge on September 21, 2017