An app you are using on Apple Watch may stop responding to the controls. In the event of an app not responding, it is a good idea to allow the app several minutes to start responding again. But if the app persists and doesn’t want to respond, you will need to force the app to close. If this doesn’t help and the problems is still there, you may need to restart Apple Watch.
How to Deal With an App That Stops Responding
How to Close an App that Has Stopped Responding
If an app stops responding, wait for a minute or two before your proceed to see if the app recovers and starts working again.
- Otherwise, press and hold the side button until the Power screen appears.
- Now release the side button.
- Press and hold the side button again, and you’ll see the app appear briefly. Apple Watch forces the app to close, and the watch face appears.
- Release the side button. Now Apple Watch restarts the app.
- Double-click the Digital Crown to switch to the app. The app’s screen will appear.
- Verify that the app is working. To do this, tap the app, the control or force-touch the screen.
- If the technique described above does not solve the issue, restart Apple Watch.
How to Restart Apple Watch to Recover From App Problems
- When an app does not respond to the controls, or Apple Watch does not respond consistently, press and hold the side button.
- When the Power screen appears, tap Power Off and slide it to the right. As a result, Apple Watch powers off.
- Press and hold the side button until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
- Now release the side button and the watch face will appear, locked.
- Tap the watch face, and you’ll see Enter Passcode screen.
- Tap your passcode to unlock Apple Watch. Now you can resume using your device normally.
Tip About App Crashing
Tip: Is it possible to stop a particular app from crashing on Apple Watch? If a particular app keeps crashing on Apple Watch, first check for an updated version of that app by using the App store app on iPhone. If an updated version is available, install it. The new version may solve the problem. If however no updated version is available, try uninstalling the app from Apple Watch and then reinstalling it. If nothing helps, just uninstall the non-responsive app and look for an alternative version.
- Your old Apple Watch is worth money! Check on our prices. We pay the best price on the online market for your secondhand Apple Watches.