If an app you have already installed on iPhone has an Apple Watch companion app available, iPhone can automatically download that app and install it on Apple Watch. These feature is useful, because it can give you access to companion apps you did know existed.
How to Control Automatic Downloading of Apps
If you find that iPhone automatically installs too many apps on Apple Watch, you can always turn off automatic downloading of apps.
- Press Home on iPhone to display the Home screen.
- When the Home screen appears, tap Apple Watch to open the Apple Watch app.
- Now tap My Watch to open the My Watch screen.
- Tap General and the General screen will appear.
- Tap Automatic Downloads, and the Automatic Downloads screen will appear.
- Set the Automatically Download Apps switch to Off.
A Few Tips about Apps
To find apps for your Apple Watch, that is to find apps which have been designed specifically to work with your Apple Watch in the Apple Watch app on your iPhone:
- First, open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
- Then tap the App Store or Search tab to browse apps.
- Tap the app you have selected to purchase. To buy an app, select the price. To get a free app, select Get.
- If asked, enter your Apple ID password or use Touch ID. Then wait for the app to download.
You can also check the Face Gallery to find apps that have complications for your watch face. To do this, open the Apple Watch app on iPhone, then tap Face Gallery.
If you can’t install an app on your Apple Watch: Make sure that the app is compatible with your watch. To do this, go to the App Store, once there tap the app, and then look for Offers Apple Watch App under the app icon. If the app’s compatible, try the steps below next:
Update the app:
- Open the App Store on your iPhone.
- Now tap the Updates tab.
- If you see that updates are available, tap Update All.
- If asked, enter your Apple ID password.
- Stop and restart the installation.
- Next open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
- Tap the My Watch tab.
- Once there, scroll down and tap the app.
- Then turn off Show App on Apple Watch.
- Wait a few moments and then turn on Show App on Apple Watch again.
- Now restart your devices – that is restart your Apple Watch and your iPhone.
If the apps still don’t respond and you still need help, contact the app developer. For this, find the app in the App Store, tap it, then tap Reviews > App Support.
If you can’t find some of your apps on your Apple Watch, keep in mind that after you update to the latest version of watchOS, your apps will automatically appear on your Apple Watch again. However, if any of your apps are still missing, do the following: open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone. Scroll to the app, tap it, then tap Show on Apple Watch.
How to Manage Apps
When you set up your Apple Watch, the device offers you the choice to install all your apps now or later. You can choose Install All. In this case, any apps stored on your iPhone and which are compatible with Apple Watch will sync immediately to your watch. Besides, from this moment on, any updates to apps on your iPhone, or any future app purchases, will automatically sync to your watch.
But if you don’t want all your app purchases to automatically sync proceed as follows:
- On your iPhone, open the Apple Watch.
- Tap the My Watch tab.
- Now tap General and then turn off Automatic App Install.
If you select Choose Later, the apps on your iPhone that are compatible with Apple Watch will not automatically sync with the watch.
If you want to manually sync an app that’s compatible with your Apple Watch, proceed as follows:
- On your iPhone, open the Apple Watch app.
- Tap the My Watch tab.
- Scroll to the app that you’d like to sync.
- Once you have found that app, tap it.
- Turn on Show App on Apple Watch.
How to Uninstall an App on Apple Watch
To uninstall an app you don’t need or don’t want anymore, use these easy steps:
- Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
- Now tap the My Watch tab.
- Scroll to the app you want to remove.
- When you find this app, tap it.
- Turn off Show App on your Apple Watch.
How to Open Your Favorite Apps from the Dock
Using the Dock feature on your Apple Watch, you can quickly view up to ten of your preferred apps.
- To open the Dock, press the side button.
- Then swipe left or right to see your apps.
- Now tap to open the app you’d like to open.
Note that the last app that you used appears automatically in the Dock under Recent. You can also add apps to the Dock.
- Trade in your old Apple Watch for top cash : We at iGotOffer buy your old consumer electronics for the highest price online, Apple Watches included. Sell your old Apple Watch now and save money for a new device: Sell Apple Watch now for best price online. Free instant quote, free fully insured shipping, fast and secure payment.
- Apple Watch: How to browse Photos – It is perfectly possible to browse photos stored on Apple Watch.