After you identified the app you’d like to get from the App store, you can quickly download it from the store and install it. As with most Apple Watch management tasks, you use the Apple Watch app on iPhone to download and install apps on Apple Watch. iPhone handles the installation automatically. You can start using the app on Apple Watch immediately.
How to Download and Install App on Apple Watch
- Press Home on iPhone to display the Home screen.
- Tap Apple Watch to open the Apple Watch app.
- Tap Feature to display the Featured screen.
- Browse and search for the app you want to install. When you find the app, tap it. The Apps screen will appear.
Note: See this text for detailed instructions: How to Browse and Search for Apps in the App Store.
- Tap Get and then tap Install, which will replace Get. The Apple Watch app will download and install the app of your choice. iPhone automatically syncs the app to your Apple Watch.
- Tap Open and the app will open. Now you can follow through any introductory screens or through any steps needed to set up the app.
- Raise your wrist to wake Apple Watch. You’ll see the watch face appear.
- Click the Digital Crown and the Home screen will appear.
- Pan around the screen until you locate the app.
- Tap then the app’s icon to launch the app.
Best Apps for Apple Watch
Dictionary: A dictionary on your wrist might seem ludicrous. After all, if you really don’t know how to spell a word, you’re probably better off secretly peeking at an iPhone than muttering it into your Watch’s mic. Still, Dictionary remains a worthy install for wordsmiths.
Fantastical 2: Apple’s Calendar app is fine for reading appointments, but Fantastical 2 saves you fishing out your iPhone to add events. Just Force Touch to access the relevant command, and then dictate. The app’s natural-language input means it usually successfully interprets the likes of “lunch on Friday at 4 pm for half an hour”, making you feel like you’re living in the future.
MultiTimer: Apple’s own Timer app is straightforward but limited to just one countdown timer. It’s no good if you need to time several things simultaneously. MultiTimer is a far more sensible choice, and even in its free incarnation provides six timers. These are defined on iPhone and show up in the Apple Watch app, where you can view a single timer or several at once. You can have unlimited timers – although you should perhaps ask yourself at that point if you’re getting a bit obsessed.
Streaks: This simple habit-builder has come in for some criticism due to its limitations: you only get to define six habits, and must set them to happen on specific days of the week. But it’s effective to focus on a smaller number of tasks, and the Apple Watch app is great for marking them as done, and for keeping track via the app’s complication.
BBC News: There are quite a few news apps for Apple Watch, but the BBC News app is is one of the best. You get notifications plus access to headlines grouped into top stories, my news and most read. For each article, you get a brief synopsis and picture, and Handoff can load the full story on your iPhone.
ProCamera: If you’re already a user of ProCamera, this Apple Watch app gives you a bit more control than Apple’s own camera remote. Along with a remote trigger, external viewfinder preview, photo preview and timer, you can also use it to configure the length of the timer delay and how many photos will be shot.
Deliveries: Deliveries is great on every platform, tracking goodies that are winging their way to you, and ensuring you’re not out when a courier is about to hurl that new laptop over your fence. On Apple Watch, you get the same list, location maps of where your things currently are, and handy notifications when a delivery is imminent.
Slack: Slack’s popularity as a team communications tool is undeniable, but you wouldn’t want to scroll through the entire feed on your wrist. The app therefore wisely limits itself to direct messages and mentions, which you can reply to using succinct pre-defined answers, Emoji, or voice input by way of Siri.
V for Wikipedia App: The interface is smart and to the point, letting you search all of Wikipedia or just find things that are nearby. The cut-down articles it presents are short enough not to make your eyes glaze over, but give you enough detail to make them worth loading. And the app happily works without your iPhone being on, yet enables you to bookmark whatever you’d like to read later on a bigger screen.
(Source: The best Apple Watch Apps).
- Don’t throw away your used and old electronic gadgets. We at iGotOffer.com help you to save money for a new device. We buy your old Apple Watch and any other device for the best price on the online market. You’ll get free and instant quote. We assure free and fully insured shipping, as well as fast and secure payment: Sell used Apple Watch and save for a new electronic device.
How to Install and Remove Apps on the Apple Watch [Video]
Video uploaded by PCMag on April 24, 2015.