On Apple Watch, some features can monitor your heart rate and track your movements to determine step count and fitness levels of the user. However, the user can turn these features off if he or she is concerned that they may infringe upon privacy. To turn these features off, the user must configure Privacy settings in the Apple Watch app on iPhone. Users can also configure privacy settings for iPhone’s motion and fitness tracking features. Note that these features are separate from the Apple Watch features, but their names are confusingly similar.
18 Apple Watch Settings You NEED To Change Now [Video]
Video uploaded by Payette Forward on January 23, 2023.
How to Configure Privacy Settings
- Press Home on iPhone to display the Home screen.
- Tap Apple Watch to open the Apple Watch app.
- Tap My Watch and the My Watch screen will appear.
- Tap Privacy to display the Privacy Settings screen.
- Tap Motions & Fitness to see the Motion & Fitness screen.
- Set the Heart Rate switch to On if you want this feature on Apple Watch o monitor your heart rate.
- Now set the Fitness Tracking switch to On if you want Motion & Fitness on Apple Watch to monitor your movements to track your step count and fitness level.
- Tap Privacy Settings to display the Privacy Settings screen again.
- Tap Privacy Setting in the middle of the screen to display the Privacy screen in the Settings app.
- Tap Motion & Fitness to open the Motion & Fitness screen in the Settings app.
- Set the Fitness Tracking switch to On, if you prefer the Motion & Fitness feature on iPhone to monitor your activities and to track your fitness level and step count.
- Set the Health switch to On to allow the Health app to access your Fitness Tracking information. Note that if other apps appear below Health, set their switches to On, to allow or deny access to your Fitness Tracking information.
- Tap Privacy, and the Privacy screen will appear again.
To get most out of iPhone and Apple Watch, you should turn on Location Services. In this case, however, you may want to go through the list of apps on the Location Services screen and verify that each has a suitable setting. If an app needs to use Location Services, you should choose the While Using the App setting in the Allow Location Access list. A few apps may need the Always setting to be On, but most apps do not need this option to be switched On.
- Tap Location services to display the Location services screen.
- Now make sure that the Location Services switch is set to On, if you want to use Location Services.
- Tap the app for which you want to configure Location services, and the app’s screen will appear.
- Tap Never, While Using the App or Always (remember that the Always option for Location Services is not available for all the apps).
A Few Apple Watch Tips
Transfer a Call to Your iPhone: Received a call on your Apple Watch, but want to continue it on your iPhone? No problem. Accept the call from the smartwatch and swipe up to send it over.
Turn the Apple Watch into a Bedside Clock: Night Stand Mode was introduced back in watchOS 2. So when you put your watch on charge just tip it onto its side to turn your smartwatch into a nifty little clock.
Wipe Notifications: If you’re overburdened by notifications you can wipe your history by swiping down from the top of your screen to access a chronological list. Once displayed you can banish them all by long pressing the screen then tapping Clear All.
Time Travel Through Your Day: Scrolling the digital crown when using a watch face that supports calendar features (Modular or Utility) will enable you to cycle through upcoming or past events in your calendar. Pressing the crown will return you to the present, once again.
Cover to Mute: If your Apple Watch is set to notify you or ring with sounds, but you’re in the middle of a meeting or situation where loud dings are rude, you can turn on Cover to Mute in the Sound & Haptics settings. Then cover your watch for three seconds for it take effect.
Use Third-party Complications: Added to the mix in watchOS 2, information can be drawn from third-party apps into watch faces. The main face for this is the ever useful Modular, but Utility and Chronograph also have options for adding data from the likes of CityMapper and AccuWeather.
- Try iGotOffer.com: We are just eager to buy your Apple Watch from you if you feel like exploring next generation of Apple’s Watches and pool money for them. Free instant quote, free fully insured shipping, fast payment: Sell used Apple Watch online.