As a rule Apple Watch uses the Bluetooth wireless communication protocol to communicate and pair with iPhone. Bluetooth also links Apple Watch to other devices, such as health devices, speakers or headphones. After pairing Bluetooth devices users can switch from one device to another, besides, if users no longer need a particular Bluetooth device, they can tell Apple Watch to forget about that device.
Apple Watch: Connect to Bluetooth Devices
How to Connect to Bluetooth Devices
- Raise your wrist to wake Apple Watch.
- When the watch face awakes, tap the Digital Crown to see the Home screen.
- Tap Settings.
- On the Settings screen, tap Bluetooth.
- The Bluetooth screen will appear and Apple Watch will search automatically for regular Bluetooth devices and health devices.
- Turn on the device and give the pairing command on each device you want to pair.
- Bluetooth devices will appear in the Devices list.
- The Not paired readout indicates that the device is not paired with Apple Watch.
- Tap the device’s button. Now Apple Watch pairs with the device and connects to it.
- The Connected readout shows that the device is connected and you can use it.
- To tap another Bluetooth device, just tap its button, and Apple Watch will pair with the new device, disconnect from the previous device and connect to the newly paired one.
How to Forget a Bluetooth Device
- Click the Digital Crown.
- When the Home screen appears, tap Settings.
- On the Settings screen tap Bluetooth.
- On the Bluetooth screen, tap Info.
- Now tap Forget Device and Apple Watch forgets the device. The Bluetooth appears no longer showing the forgotten device.
Tip: Apple Cannot Locate a Nearby Bluetooth Device
If Apple Watch cannot locate a nearby Bluetooth device, but you are certain that it is powered on and in pairing mode, an error may have occurred in the Bluetooth software on Apple Watch. If the problem persists, restart Apple Watch. Press and hold the side button until the Power screen appears, and then swipe Power Off to the right. To start the watch, hold down the side button until the Apple logo appears on-screen.
- Time to sell your old Apple Watch? Check on our prices, we pay the best price online for your iDevices. Free instant quote, free fully insured shipping, fast and secure payment.