The Mail app enables the user to triage his or her e-mail messages on Apple Watch. It is possible to read the text components of the message, but some messages can contain elements that the Mail app cannot display.
Apart from reading messages, you can take three actions with them. Indeed, you can flag a message as important, you can mark a message as unread (even though you have opened it), and you can delete a message.
How to Read and Manage E-Mail Messages
- Raise your wrist to wake Apple Watch and display watch face.
- Click the Digital Crown to open the Home screen.
- Tap Mail to open the Mail app.
- When the Inbox appears, showing the messages, a blue dot will indicate if there are unread messages in the Inbox.
- Now tap the message you want to read, and it will open.
- Turn the Digital Crown clockwise to scroll down, and more of the messages will appear.
- Next, force-touch the screen to see the Options screen.
- Tap Flag to flag the message for special attention.
- If you want to mark a message as unread, tap Unread.
- Tap Trash to delete the message.
- When the Inbox appears again, a red dot will show the messages you have flagged.
- Turn the Digital Crown to scroll up or down as needed.
- Other messages will appear, and if you swipe a message to the left, the More icon and Trash icon will appear.
- Tap Trash if you want to delete the message and the message will disappear from your Inbox.
- Now swipe another message left, and the More icon and the Trash icon will appear again.
- Then tap More to open the More screen.
- Tap Flag to flag a message.
- Finally tap Mark as unread to mark a message as unread.
Why Mark Message As Unread
Experts say that it is helpful to mark an important and unanswered message as unread. In this case you know that you still need to deal with that message. You may decide to glance at a message to see what it concerns, and then leave it for details perusal later.
How to Use Several E-Mail Accounts
It’s rather easy to add several email accounts to an iOS device, using an iPad, iPhone or even Apple Watch. You can add accounts on iCloud, Google, Yahoo, Outlook.com, etc. If you have a self-hosted email account with a custom domain, you can add it as well and that is just as easy. A self-hosted email account is an e-mail that is not Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, etc. If you registered a custom domain name, you have probably set up at least one email address for yourself at that domain.
The Mail app makes it possible to view emails and even reply to some on Apple Watch. But you might want to limit how much email you see at once if you have several email accounts and get a lot of email on all of them.
The Apple Watch shows you only one mail from any inbox or smart mailbox. However you can set the watch to show All inboxes. In this case, the watch will show mail from all your accounts, but that is cluttered. If may prefer to rather only see only unread email or flagged messages. To do it, you will need to use the Watch app on your iPhone to change which mailbox shows up on your watch:
- On the Home screen, tap the Watch app icon.
- Make sure the My Watch screen is active. If My Watch screen is not active tap My Watch at the bottom of the screen.
- Scroll down and tap on Mail.
- On the Mail screen, tap Include Mail. The Include Mail screen will lists the inboxes for all the email accounts you added to the iPhone. For example, if the user wants to see unread emails on his watch, he can tap Unread.
- The chosen mailbox will be indicated with a check mark. The change will be saved immediately. However if you want to return to the My Watch screen, you can simply tap the back arrow in the upper-left corner on the Include Mail screen and tap again on the Mail screen.
- Now, when you open the Mail app on your Apple Watch, all unread messages from all the email accounts on your iPhone are listed on your watch.
Important note: If messages are not removed from the list of emails in the Unread folder on your Apple watch after you read them, you can return to the app icon screen by pressing the Digital Crown. Then tap the Mail icon to open the app again. The emails you’ve read should not be in the list anymore.
- You want to switch to a new Apple Watch series but don’t have enough means? We at iGotOffer help you save money for your new purchase. We pay the best price online for your old Apple Watch. Free instant quote, free fully insured shipping, fast and secure payment: Sell used Apple Watch online now!
- How to Play Music on Apple Watch – Apple Watch enables you to play music to Bluetooth headphones or speakers.
Top 10 Tips & Tricks Apple Watch [Video]
Video uploaded by AppAdvice Daily on April 27, 2015.