Apple Watch includes the Alarm app for setting alarms. This app enables you to set as many alarms as you need to be set on directly on Apple Watch. You can choose what days of the week you want the alarm to repeat. You can enable or disable the snooze function (this lets you get a few more minutes before the alarm rings again). You can name the alarm in order to identify it easily. After setting an alarm you can set it On or Off as needed.
How to set an alarm on the Apple Watch [Video]
Video uploaded by PCMag on April 24, 2015.
How to Set Alarms
- Raise you wrist to wake Apple Watch and to display watch face.
- Click the Digital Crown, and the Home screen will appear.
- Now tap Alarm and the Alarm screen will open (when you first open the Alarm app, no alarms may be set).
- Force-touch the screen, and the New button will appear.
- Tap New to open the screen for setting the alarm time.
- Turn the Digital Crown to set the hour.
- Tap the Minutes box.
- Next tap the Digital Crown to set the minutes and then tap Set.
- When the New Alarm screen appears, tap Repeat.
- On the Repeat screen tap each day you want the alarm to repeat. A check mark will appear on each day you tap.
- Tap Repeat and the New Alarm screen will appear again.
- Tap Label to display the Label screen.
- Say the name for the alarm and the name will appear on the screen.
- Tap Done.
- The New Alarm screen will appear again.
- On this screen tap Snooze switch On or Off, as you like.
- Tap New Alarm, and the Alarm screen appears.
- Set the Alarm switch On or Of, as you prefer.
Using Siri to Set Alarms
You can use Siri to set alarms. To do so:
- Press and hold the Digital Crown or just say Hey Siri.
- Give Siri a command, such as Set an alarm for 8 a.m.
Deleting an Alarm From Apple Watch
- To delete an alarm click the Digital Crown to display the Home screen.
- Then tap Alarm.
- When the Alarm screen opens, tap the alarm you want to delete.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the alarm’s screen.
- Tap Delete.
A Few More Words about Alarms
Nowadays, when scientists have proved the relevant nature of the sleep cycles for the human health, alarms clock are not what they used to be in the pre-digital era. In order to attract a user’s attention, the developers strive to feature their apps with every function one can think of. Alarms Apps can monitor a human’s sleep, a human’s health and the environment parameters. And of course, the alarms apps allow to pin the alarms to the events or tasks in time, I.e. flight departures, pills take, meetings, etc. Here’s the list of Smart Alarms available for the Apple Watch.
Cleu: Cleu Apple Watch App personalizes the wake up experience. The alarm sounds vary between longer and shorter tunes in the latest version of Cleu alarm app for Apple Watch. It’s not just an alarm app but more a digital assistant. It piggybacks the calendar app thus allowing to schedule one’s day with the events and tasks put in it. Cleu Apple Watch App features the environment control as well. It works with Nest (Thermostat) to control the home temperature. Among other features are PowerNap option and bilingual support (English and Spanish).
iDigital Big 2: iDigital Big 2 Alarm Clock HD features a digital display with 6 colors and the 4-day weather forecast. It can work as a nightstand to see the time in the dark. The time display is similar to that of an iPad. The app can be installed across other Apple devices like iPad and iPhone.
Alimer: Alimer Apple Watch and iPhone App is simple and professional alarm app for Apple Watch which boasts also adjustable timers. The app allows to set weekly alarms to repeat every week. The sound options include snooze, long alarm sound and pre-alarm. The latest version of Alimer features the alarm list on the Apple Watch, besides, the alarms can be turned on/off from the Watch itself. A user can delete alarms, re-order and name them.
Wake for Apple Watch: Wake Apple Watch App helps a user stay awake, quite true to its name. Wake app sends you constant taps on your iPhone or watch to keep a tired user awake and coherent. The feature is activated with the iPhone. A user can set a frequency (time period) on a particular day to send taps to stay aware about urgent works. Status can be checked by tapping frequency on the Apple Watch.
Seafish Alarm: Seafish Alarm Apple Watch App nice feature is the stunning animations set on the display. More animations are available through the in-app purchases. The alarms are set with the iPhone paired with the watch. The alarm buzz is accompanied with the vibrations. Set multiple alarms by using iPhone which is paired with your watch. The watch vibrates when the alarm buzzes. Seafish Alarm Apple Watch App supports English, Japanese and simplified Chinese language.
Watch Alarm Clock: Watch Alarm Clock Apple Watch App is most probably the best alarm app for Apple Watch, for it can track the sleep cycle. The app analyzes the sleep cycle and makes a user wake up on time. The alarm buzzes in one’s wrist with gentle taps and tone from the paired phone.
Sun Alarm: Sun Alarm Apple Watch is a midget app that supports the Apple Watch and is also available for iOS devices. Unlike other apps this one calculates the sunrise and sunset time of a user’s location.
My Clock 2 with Apple Watch: My Clock 2 Apple Watch App picks up drawings from the paired iPhone. The music records, stored on the same iPhone can be used as the alarm tones.
- Switching to a new device? Trade in your old Apple Watch for fast cash at iGotOffer.com We pay the best price online for the secondhand Apple Watches and any other electronic device for this matter. Free instant quote, free fully insured shipping, fast and secure payment: sell old Apple Watch now.