On Apple Watch, the Digital Touch feature enables the user to send a sketch, a tap on the wrist or the user’s current heartbeat to another Apple Watch. To access this feature you can use the Friends app. For a sketch or a tap, the user can select the color to use by using the Color Picker. It is possible to customize the colors in the Color Picker with the colors the user prefers. Here come all three Digital Touch communication methods, that’s sketches, taps on the wrist and your heartbeat.
Digital Touch: How to Send a Sketch, a Tap or a Heartbeat
- Lift your wrist to wake Apple Watch and display the watch face.
- Click the side button to open the Friends app.
- Turn the Digital Crown to select the friend you want to contact, and the friend’s initials will appear in the center circle.
- Wait a second or tap the center circle. The friend appears full screen.
- Tap Digital Touch, and the Digital Touch screen will appear.
- Tap the Color Picker icon in the upper-right corner. This icon shows the current color. The Color Picker will appear.
- The circle with the hole indicates the current color.
- Tap the color you want to use for a tap or a sketch, and the Color Picker will disappear.
- The Color Picker icon takes on the color you choose.
- Tap the screen with the pattern of taps you want to send, and a circle will appear briefly for each tap.
- Tap the Color Picker icon and the Color Picker will appear.
- Tap the color you want to use, and the Color Picker disappears.
- Draw with your finger on the screen to create and send a sketch. After a few seconds, the sketch disappears.
- Place two fingers on the screen to send your heartbeat. Now a heart symbol appears, and then disappears.
Note: To get other colors in the Color Picker, tap the Color Picker icon in the upper-right corner of the screen to display the Color Picker. Tap and hold the current color that you want to change until the color wheel appears. Move the selection circle either by turning the Digital Crown or by dragging with your finger until it shows the color you want. Then tap Done.
Send a Digital Touch
To send a Digital Touch, scroll to the end of a message, and then tap Digital Touch icon to open the drawing canvas. You can sketch something, send a kiss or heartbeat, or show emotion.
- To send a sketch: Draw on the screen. Tap Colors to change the color, then start drawing again. Stop drawing to send a sketch.
- To send a tap: Tap the screen one or more times. Tap Colors to change the color. Stop tapping to send.
- To send a kiss: Tap two fingers on the screen one or more times. Stop tapping to send a kiss.
- To send your heartbeat: Place two fingers on the screen until you see and feel your heartbeat. Lift to send the heartbeat.
- To break a heart: Place two fingers on the screen until you see and feel your heartbeat. Drag down to send.
- To show anger: Touch and hold one finger on the display until you see a flame. Then lift the finger to send “anger”.
To see a Digital Touch: To see or feel a Digital Touch from your friend, tap the notification on your Apple Watch or iPhone with iOS 10. Make sure that you and your friend have the latest versions of iOS and watchOS.
Tips for Successful Digital Touch sketching
- First at all, when you start the drawing, think about where the finished image will be positioned on the screen.
- Before you get started, visualize what you want to draw and plan what colors you are going to use.
- To pause the drawing, use the color menu.
- Attempt to draw simple objects. If the project is complicated, consider if there is a detail within that object that you could zoom in on and draw instead.
- Use different colors to help explain the object.
- If you feel, you don’t want this Apple Watch, you use every day, anymore you can sell it to us. We at iGotOffer give you the best deal on the online market: Sell my Apple Watch now.
- Apple Watch Miscellaneous: Working with iPhone, Apple Watch puts communications right on your wrist. You can make and receive phone calls, dictate texts, takes actions using Siri, send and receive messages and e-mails. You can also communicate with other Apple Watch users via digital touch.
- Apple Watch Battery: Apple Watch runs on a rechargeable battery. In order to get the most use and enjoyment out of the device, it must be recharged every day.
- How to Erase Apple Watch and Restore From Backup: You may need to erase Apple Watch to recover from an issue if the settings on Apple Watch become corrupted. Don’t forget that erasing Apple Watch removes all the content and data.
- Aabout Apple Watch Storage and Usage: The user can see how much storage is free on Apple Watch, and thus make sure the device does note run out of space. The user can also see a list of apps and the space each app occupies.
How to Use Digital Touch in iOS 10 [Video]
A video published by MacRumors on September 14, 2016.