All iPod’s models and generations are respected entertainment devices, but the iPod has also been accepted as a business device by government departments, major institutions and international organisations which have turned to this line of Apple products as a delivery device for business communication and training.
iPods have also gained popularity in education, as we can see on Apple website where the company offers interesting information on educational uses for iPods, including a collection of lesson plans. In a few universities the iPod program continues today.
Getting Ready to Sell iPod
Before you sell your old iPod : If you’ve never synced your iPod with iTunes, you’ll need to put it in recovery mode. Then you’ll restore your iPod as new or from a backup. This will erase the iPod and its passcode.
- Disconnect all cables from the iPod you are getting ready to be sold.
- Hold down the Sleep/Wake button, then slide to power off to turn off the iPod.
- Press and hold the Home button.
- Plug the device into your computer and continue holding the Home button until you see the Connect to iTunes screen.
- If iTunes doesn’t open automatically, open it. iTunes will alert you that it has detected a device in recovery mode.
- Click OK. Then restore the iPod.
About iPod Capacity
Most iPods had their capacity inscribed on the back. You can also connect your iPod to your computer and see how much memory you have. However it will probably tell you a smaller number than 8 or 16, because you can only use a portion of those numbers for storage.
Media Files On iPod
Media files are stored on an iPod in a hidden folder, along with a database file. The hidden content can be accessed on the host operating system by enabling hidden files to be shown. The media files can then be recovered manually by copying the files or folders off the iPod. Besides, many third-party applications allow easy copying of media files off of an iPod.
- Don’t forget: The best place online to sell your used iPod is at iGotOffer. We buy your iDevices for the best price online. Free instant quote, free fully insured shipping, fast and secure payment.