The iPad Air 3 (2019) was initially introduced on March 18, 2019. The Air 3 model appeared to be the first time since 2014 for Apple to have presented a new iPad Air. Powered by an Apple A12 Bionic processor, the iPad Air 3 is configured with 3GB of RAM, its other remarkable features including the dual cameras, advanced connectivity features and microphones paired with a set of stereo speakers. The pricing of the iPad Air 3 situates itself between the budget benchmark iPad (starting at $329), and the more upscale iPad Pro; the entry-level Wi-Fi – only 64 GB model sold at $499 against the 256 GB Wi-Fi and Cellular option at $779.
Apple iPad Air 3 (2019)
The iPad Air 3 presents an upgraded design in comparison to its iPad 9.7-inch predecessor, without, however, achieving the distinctive changes made to the Pro models. By shrinking the bezels around the device’s edge, and that way enabling a larger screen-to-body ratio, a bigger display is offered in the new iPad. The 2019 Air model retails the Home button, unlike the 2018 Pro models, and abandons the newer Face ID in favor of the trusted Touch ID. The iPad Air 3 is also configured with the headphone port.
The iPad Air 3 is available in the iPad’s usual configurations of Silver, Gold and Space Grey. Beginning at the entry price of $499 – iPad Air, 64 GB, Wi-Fi only, the iPad Air 256GB, Wi-Fi is available at $649, followed up by the 64GB Wi-Fi and Cellular model at $629, the iPad is found at its most expensive at $779 – 256GB, Wi-Fi and Cellular.
A difference setting the newly presented iPad Air 3 from its often compared-to iPad 9.7’ is the comeback of the laminated screen. In favor of cost reduction, the 2017 and 2018 iPad models chose to disregard this feature.
|Official Name||iPad 3 (2019)|
|Network||Technology||GSM / CDMA / HSPA / EVDO / LTE|
|Note||– Wi-Fi + Cellular model only|
– Check network compatibility for your country
|Launch||Introduced||March 18, 2019|
|Body||Dimensions||50.6 x 174.1 x 6.1 mm (9.87 x 6.85 x 0.24 in)|
|Weight||– 1.01lb (456g) (Wi-Fi)|
– 1.03lb (469g) (Wi-Fi + Cellular)
|Build||Gold, silver, or space gray aluminum housing|
|SIM||Nano-SIM and e-SIM|
|Features||Apple Pay (Visa, MasterCard, AMEX certified)|
|Display||Type||IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors|
|Resolution||1668 x 2224 pixels, 4:3 ratio|
|Pixel Density||~ 265 ppi|
|Protection||Scratch-resistant glass, fingerprint-resistant oleophobic coating|
|Features||– Apple Stylus Support|
|Chipset||Apple A12 Bionic (7 nm)|
|CPU||Hexa-core (2×2.5 GHz Vortex + 4×1.6 GHz Tempest)|
|GPU||Apple GPU (4-core graphics)|
|Memory||Internal||64/256 GB, 3 GB RAM|
|Camera||Main (Back)||8 MP, f/2.4, 31mm (standard), 1.12µm, AF|
|Video||1080p @ 30fps, 720p @ 120fps, HDR, stereo sound rec.|
|Selfie (Front)||– 7 MP, f/2.2, 31mm (standard)|
– Face detection, HDR, panorama
– 1080p @ 30fps
|Sound||Alert types||Alert types Vibration, proprietary ringtones|
|Loudspeaker||Yes, with stereo speakers|
|Features||Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic|
|Comms||WLAN||WLAN Wi-Fi 802.11 a / b / g / n / ac, dual-band, hotspot|
|Bluetooth||5.0, A2DP, EDR|
|GPS||Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS (Wi‑Fi + Cellular model only)|
|USB||2.0, proprietary reversible connector|
|Features||Battery||Non-removable Li-Po 8134 mAh battery (30.8 Wh)|
|Sensors||Fingerprint (front-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, compass, barometer|
|Messaging||iMessage, SMS (threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Email|
|– Siri natural language commands and dictation|
– iCloud cloud service
– MP3/WAV/AAX+/AIFF/Apple Lossless player
– MP4/H.264 player
– Audio/video/photo editor
– Document editor
|Misc||Colors||Silver, Gold, Space Gray|
|Price||Starting at $499|
- Among its many features, the new iPad Air includes dual cameras, a rear 8 megapixel “iSight” camera supporting still shots and 1080p HD video alongside the front-mounted 7 megapixel “FaceTime HD” camera with the same capabilities.
- The iPad Air 3 offers support for the first generation Apple Pencil; support for the second generation cannot possibly be provided due to the potential inability to charge the pencil due to the choice of the older iPad design. The 2019 Air also provides the Smart Keyboard (1st Gen) connectivity options.
- The iPad Air 3 is generally described as a great best-value device, successfully achieving a compromise of a high-definition screen, strong battery life and a familiar design.
- All-new iPad Air and iPad mini deliver dramatic power and capability – Apple
- iPad Air: Overview, Design, Why iPad, Tech Specs, Buy – Apple
- Sell your iPad Air 3 (2019) online for the best price – iGotOffer
Apple iPad Air 3 (2019): Unboxing & Review [Video]
Video published by DetroitBORG on May 22, 2019