The iPad 6th Generation was introduced on the 27th of March 2018. The new model has since frequently been described as having combined multiple internal features of the iPhone 7 and certain elements of design similar to those of the 5th generation iPad it had replaced. The 2018 model is the first of the iPads to be a non-Pro model configured to support the Apple Pencil. Since its original release, the iPad has been marketed with a specific emphasis on the educational sector, offering a discounted price for schools, teachers, and students. Unlike its Pro equivalent, the iPad’s display is not fully laminated and does not have an antireflective coating. The iPad is available in its usual Wi-Fi – only and Wi-Fi and Cellular versions.
Apple iPad 6th Generation (2018)
The iPad 6th Generation (2018) model is claimed to be faster and offering more LTE bands than its predecessor. Featuring the same chipset as the iPhone 7 and the iPhone 7 Plus, the iPad is, however, configured with a speedier A10 processor.
The new iPad offers two speakers as compared to the four you get with an iPad Pro, and its dual cameras are noted among its prominent features. As stated by many of the device’ s reviewers, the iPad lacks the Pro’s promotion technology; a feature making the Pro version of the iPad more suitable and ideal for the use by professional artists.
As mentioned previously, the iPad does not have a fully laminated display, providing a gap between the glass and the LCD, that way making the display harder to see in direct sunlight.
|Official Name||iPad 6th Generation (2018)|
|Network||Technology||GSM / CDMA / HSPA / EVDO / LTE|
|Note||– Wi-Fi + Cellular model only|
– Check network compatibility for your country
|Launch||Introduced||March 27, 2018|
|Body||Dimensions||9.45 x 6.67 x 0.30 in (240 x 169.5 x 7.5 mm)|
|Weight||– 1.03lb (469g) (Wi-Fi)|
– 1.05lb (478g) (Wi-Fi + Cellular)
|Build||Gold, silver, or space gray aluminum housing|
|SIM||Nano-SIM and e-SIM|
|Features||Apple Pay (Visa, MasterCard, AMEX certified)|
|Display||Type||LED-backlit IPS LCD, capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors|
|Resolution||1536 x 2048 pixels, 4:3 ratio|
|Pixel Density||~ 264 ppi|
|Protection||Scratch-resistant glass, fingerprint-resistant oleophobic coating|
|Features||– Stylus support|
|Chipset||Apple A10 Fusion|
|CPU||Quad-core 2.34GHz (2x Hurricane + 2x Zephyr)|
|GPU||PowerVR Series7XT Plus (six-core graphics)|
|Memory||Internal||32/128GB, 2GB RAM|
|Camera||Main (Back)||8 MP, f/2.4, 31mm (standard), 1.12µm, AF|
|Video||1080p @ 30fps, 720p @ 120fps, HDR, stereo sound rec.|
|Selfie (Front)||– 1.2 MP, f/2.2, 31mm (standard)|
– Face detection, HDR, panorama
– 720p @ 30fps
|Sound||Alert types||Alert types Vibration, proprietary ringtones|
|Loudspeaker||Yes, with stereo speakers|
|Features||Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic|
|Comms||WLAN||WLAN Wi-Fi 802.11 a / b / g / n / ac, dual-band, hotspot|
|Bluetooth||4.2, A2DP, LE, EDR|
|GPS||Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS (Wi‑Fi + Cellular model only)|
|USB||2.0, proprietary reversible connector|
|Features||Battery||Non-removable Li-Ion battery (32.4 Wh)|
|Sensors||Fingerprint (front-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, compass, barometer|
|Messaging||iMessage, SMS (threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Email|
|– Siri natural language commands and dictation|
– iCloud cloud service
– MP3/WAV/AAX+/AIFF/Apple Lossless player
– MP4/H.264 player
– Audio/video/photo editor
– Document editor
|Misc||Colors||Silver, Gold, Space Gray|
|Price||Starting at $329 for consumers, $299 for schools|
- Among the iPad’s most notable features is its innovative support for the Apple Pencil. As stated before, the 2018 model is the first out of the non-Pro iPads to support the Pencil, this way allowing its user to experience the feel of the more upscale model for the lesser price.
- The use of the improved A10 Fusion chip proved the iPad to be increasingly fast, that way specifically positively affective the gaming process on the iPad.
- The improved performance of the iPad 6th Generation is demonstrated by means of Geekbench 4, the iPad scoring a grand figure of 5983, positioning itself well above the 3022 category average.
- The claim of the overall improvement of the gaming process of the device can be showcased by the fact of the popular PUBG Mobile game now recommending the “high” settings on the new iPad; the game’s setting had previously only recommended “medium” on last year’s model.
- Apple introduces new 9.7-inch iPad with Apple Pencil support – Apple
- iPad: Overview, Design, Why iPad, Tech Specs, Buy – Apple
- Sell used iPad online for top price – iGotOffer
Apple iPad (6th Gen) 2018: Unboxing & Review [Video]
Video published by DetroitBORG on March 30, 2018