The October 30, 2018 introduced iPad Pro most notably features a brand new all-screen design with a Liquid Retina display from edge to edge, made possible through the removal of the home button and smaller bezels. Alongside a more squared-off look in comparison to its more curved-like predecessor, the iPad introduces a set of new to the device features – for instance, a new charging and connectivity to camera support system, and Face ID, allowing for a fasts secure unlocking of the iPad. The 2018 model’s A12X Bionic chip is described as the most powerful chip Apple had produced at the time of the device’s launch. Promptly after its release, the iPad Pro was generally acknowledged as being more portable and powerful than Apple’s last iPad version.
Apple iPad Pro 11-Inch (2018)
The variations of the 2018 model include the Wi-Fi only version, featuring dual-band 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi, and its Wi-Fi and Cellular supportive sibling. Aside this variation in the two models’ connectivity attributes, the two share otherwise undifferentiated specifications. Apple also offers a variety of the iPad’s storage capacity options, starting from 64 GB (exclusively presented in the Wi-Fi-only version) at $799 and up to its 1TB model at $1549.
Compared to its Wi-Fi only predecessor, the two models are of the same physical size, while the later device is configured with a larger display and a more powerful architecture. The 2018 model had been the first series of the iPad to have provided USB-C, allowing for a whole range of possibilities its Lightning predecessor was not able to offer.
Alongside its new iPad, Apple introduced a new Apple Pencil, with its new capability for wireless charging, a double tap feature allowing the change of tools within apple, and a magnet sticking to the side of the iPad.
|Official Name||iPad Pro 11-inch (2018)|
|Network||Technology||GSM / CDMA / HSPA / EVDO / LTE|
|Note||– Wi-Fi + Cellular model only
– Check network compatibility for your country
|Launch||Introduced||October 30, 2018|
|Preorder||November 7, 2018|
|Body||Dimensions||9.74 x 7.02 x 0.23 in (247.6 x 178.5 x 5.9 mm)|
|Weight||– 1.03lb (468g) (Wi-Fi)
– 1.03lb (468g) (Wi-Fi + Cellular)
|Build||Silver or space gray aluminum housing|
|SIM||Nano-SIM and e-SIM|
|Features||Apple Pay (Visa, MasterCard, AMEX certified)|
|Display||Type||LED-backlit IPS LCD, capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors|
|Resolution||2388 x 1668 pixels, 4:3 ratio|
|Pixel Density||~ 264 ppi|
|Protection||Scratch-resistant glass, fingerprint-resistant oleophobic coating|
|Features||– Wide color gamut display
– True-tone display
– 120 Hz
|Chipset||Apple A12 Bionic|
|CPU||Octa-core (4x Vortex + 4x Tempest)|
|GPU||Apple GPU (7-core graphics)|
|Memory||Internal||64 / 256 / 512GB or 1TB, 4GB RAM|
|Camera||Main (Back)||Single 12 MP, f/1.8, 1/3″, PDAF|
|Features||Quad-LED dual-tone flash, HDR|
|Video||2160p @ 30/60fps, 1080p @ 30/60/120fps, 720p @ 240fps|
|Selfie (Front)||– Single 7 MP, f/2.2, 32mm (standard)
– Face detection, HDR, panorama
|Sound||Alert types||Alert types Vibration, proprietary ringtones|
|Loudspeaker||Yes, with stereo speakers (4 speakers)|
|Features||Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic|
|Comms||WLAN||WLAN Wi-Fi 802.11 a / b / g / n / ac, dual-band, hotspot|
|Bluetooth||5.0, A2DP, LE, EDR|
|GPS||Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, QZSS (Wi‑Fi + Cellular model only)|
|USB||3.1, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector; magnetic connector|
|Features||Battery||Non-removable Li-Po battery (29.37 Wh)|
|Sensors||Face ID, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, barometer|
|Messaging||iMessage, SMS (threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Email|
|– Siri natural language commands and dictation
– iCloud cloud service
– MP3/WAV/AAX+/AIFF/Apple Lossless player
– MP4/H.264 player
– Audio/video/photo editor
– Document editor
– Power Bank/Reverse charging
|Misc||Colors||Silver, Space Gray|
|Price||Starting at $799|
- The iPad Pro’s Apple A12X Bionic processor is claimed to have been designed with the intention to allow the device to be used on the move. As suggested by Apple, the 2018-introduced iPads offer the same graphical power as the Xbox One S.
- The previously briefly mentioned new addition of Face ID allows the iPad users access to features such as Animoji, Memoji and Portraid mode, all of which are seen to be used on the iPad for the first time.
- The iPad is configured with two cameras – its 7-megapixel front facing camera, and the rear 12-megapixel camera – both of which feature Apple’s new Smart HDR technology.
- While the iPad had generally received a positive response from the critics, amongst its cons, the reviewers noted the device was found to not have been flexible enough, further expanded on by the claim that iOS had not changed enough.
- The device was also found to be highly costly – a con mentioned in 99% of the iPad’s reviews.
- New iPad Pro with all-screen design is most advanced, powerful iPad ever – Apple
- iPad Pro: Overview, Design, Why iPad Pro, Tech Specs, Buy – Apple
- Introducing MacBook Air, iPad Pro and Mac mini (Late 2018) – iGotOffer Blog
- Sell used iPad Pro 11-inch (2018) online for top price now – iGotOffer
Apple iPad Pro 11″ vs 12.9″: Unboxing & Review [Video]
Video published by DetroitBORG on November 9, 2018