Apple’s iPad Pro 12.9-inch 3rd generation (2018) was introduced on October 30, 2018. The new and improved model presents a larger liquid retina display, achieved through removal of the home button and the model’s smaller bezels. Unlike it’s more square-like predecessor, the iPad features rounded corners and flatter sides. The stylistic curving of the display’s corners allows it to come closer to the device’s edges. Powered by the Apple A12X processor, the iPad is claimed to have up to 10 hours of browsing time (9 hours if using cellular data), simultaneously allowing the faster running of applications. The 2018 model is presented by Apple as being capable of serving as a full-time PC replacement.
Review: 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2018) – A Tamed BEAST! [Video]
Video published by 9to5Mac on November 8, 2018
Apple iPad Pro 12.9-inch 3rd Generation (2018)
The variations of the model offered by Apple include the Wi-Fi only version, including dual-band 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi with HT80 with MIMO capability, and its Wi-Fi and cellular configured analog. Other than the first representative’s lack of cellular connectivity, the two models share identical specifications.
At 5.9mm thick, the newly introduced iPad is slimmer than the 10.5-inch model (6.1mm) and the previous 12.9-inch model at 6.9mm. Alongside that physical difference in the device’s appearance, the customer is presented with a choice between Silver and Space Gray options of the iPad.
The recent iPad Pro exhibits a boost in its processing capacity, powered by an eight-core bionic processor (A12X). Compared to its second generation predecessor, the iPad is equipped with a more advanced powerful architecture, while remaining roughly the same size. Apple makes a further step towards greater adaptability and versatility with the introduction of the iPad by getting rid of the Lightning port and instead equipping the iPad with a USB-C connector.
|Official Name||iPad Pro|
|Network||Technology||GSM / CDMA / HSPA / EVDO / LTE|
|Note||– Wi-Fi + Cellular model only
– Check network compatibility for your country
|Launch||Introduced||October 30, 2018|
|Preorder||November 7, 2018|
|Body||Dimensions||11.05 x 8.46 x 0.23 in (280.6 x 214.9 x 5.9 mm)|
|Weight||– 1.39lb (631g) (Wi-Fi)
– 1.4lb (633g) (Wi-Fi + Cellular)
|Build||Silver or space gray aluminum housing|
|SIM||Nano-SIM and e-SIM|
|Features||Apple Pay (Visa, MasterCard, AMEX certified)|
|Display||Type||LED-backlit IPS LCD, capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors|
|Resolution||2732 x 2048 pixels, 4:3 ratio|
|Pixel Density||~ 264 ppi|
|Protection||Scratch-resistant glass, fingerprint-resistant oleophobic coating|
|Features||– Wide color gamut display
– True-tone display
– 120 Hz
|Chipset||Apple A12 Bionic|
|CPU||Octa-core (4x Vortex + 4x Tempest)|
|GPU||Apple GPU (7-core graphics)|
|Memory||Internal||64 / 256 / 512GB or 1TB, 4GB RAM|
|Camera||Main (Back)||Single 12 MP, f/1.8, 1/3″, PDAF|
|Features||Quad-LED dual-tone flash, HDR|
|Video||2160p @ 30/60fps, 1080p @ 30/60/120fps, 720p @ 240fps|
|Selfie (Front)||– Single 7 MP, f/2.2, 32mm (standard)
– Face detection, HDR, panorama
|Sound||Alert types||Alert types Vibration, proprietary ringtones|
|Loudspeaker||Yes, with stereo speakers (4 speakers)|
|Features||Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic|
|Comms||WLAN||WLAN Wi-Fi 802.11 a / b / g / n / ac, dual-band, hotspot|
|Bluetooth||5.0, A2DP, LE, EDR|
|GPS||Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, QZSS (Wi‑Fi + Cellular model only)|
|USB||3.1, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector; magnetic connector|
|Features||Battery||Non-removable Li-Po battery (36.71 Wh)|
|Sensors||Face ID, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, barometer|
|Messaging||iMessage, SMS (threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Email|
|– Siri natural language commands and dictation
– iCloud cloud service
– MP3/WAV/AAX+/AIFF/Apple Lossless player
– MP4/H.264 player
– Audio/video/photo editor
– Document editor
– Power Bank/Reverse charging
|Misc||Colors||Silver, Space Gray|
|Price||Starting at $999|
- A prominent new feature in the iPad Pro 12.9-inch 3rd generation (2018) is its Face ID authentication feature. Face ID is equipped to be used in both portrait and landscape modes of the device due to its projection to be regularly used in both configurations. The iPad is also configured with Apple’s Second Generation Apple Pencil, which is, however, to be purchased separately.
- The iPad features two – a 12 megapixel rear and a 7 megapixel True Depth front – cameras, alongside with their features of “Retina Flash”, Portrait Mode and Animoji.
- Alongside its A12X processor, the iPad is equipped with a M12 Coprocessor and a Neural Engine.
- Reviewers of the model have noted the boost of its processing power and the move towards accessibility by way of removing the Lightning port. Among the disadvantages of the model, the lack of diversity in the color options and the minimal alterations in design since the previous model have been pointed out by the product’s reviewers.
- With Apple stating the iPad exhibits the same pixel masking as the iPhone XR, the smaller 10.5-inch model is now capable of fitting a wider 11-inch display into the same size device, while the larger 12.9-inch remains its display dimensions while shrinking the iPad’s body around it.
- New iPad Pro with all-screen design is most advanced, powerful iPad ever – Apple
- iPad Pro: Overview, Design, Why iPad Pro, Tech Specs, Buy – Apple
- Introducing MacBook Air, iPad Pro and Mac mini (Late 2018) – iGotOffer Blog
- Sell used iPad Pro 12.9-inch 3rd generation (2018) online for top price now – iGotOffer