The iPhone 4 is the 4th generation of Apple’s famous smartphone. It is described as having introduced the most changes since the release of the original iPhone. Just as its predecessors, it combines the functions of a mobile phone, an iPod, Internet communications and many others. Compared to the iPhone’s previous generations, the 4th generation is presented with a sleeker, more angular design. Besides the differences in the iPhone’s external characteristics, it introduces new features, such as an additional front-facing VGA camera, additional DRAM supports – due to which an increased performance and multi-tasking are possible -, and an “Apple A4” processor, just to mention a few.
Released on June 24, 2010.
- Processors: Apple A4.
- Storage capacity: 16GB and 32GB.
- OS: iOS 7.1.2 (not available anymore as of June 20, 2016).
- Display: 3.5 (89mm) display with 960×640 resolution at 326 ppi.
- Connectivity: Built-in support for Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g/n), Bluetooth 2.1 EDR, USB dock and headphone ports.
- Rear camera: Rear-facing 5 megapixel camera with a 3.85 mm f/2.8 lens and a LED flash. The camera has a 5x digital zoom and is capable of recording HD video in 720p.
- Front camera: Front-facing VGA camera. Just as the rear-facing camera, the front-facing camera’s focus operates at the “tap to focus” feature.
- Dimensions: 4.5 in height, 2.3 in width, 0.3 in depth.
- Average Weight: 4.8 oz.
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Po 1420 mAh battery.
- Color: Originally both the 16GB and the 32GB models were produced in black. A white version was introduced on June 7, 2010.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Order: MC318LL/A.
Apple Model: A1332.
Discontinued: September 2013.
Original price: US$199, US$299.
- Users praised the revamped design of the iPhone 4, as well as its powerful hardware in comparison to previous models. Over 600,000 pre-orders were placed within 24 hours from the release of this smartphone.
- There were reports that abnormalities in antenna design caused the iPhone 4 to lose its cellular signal if held in the most natural way.
- The iPhone 4 had the longest lifespan of any iPhone ever produced, spanning close to four years and available in some countries until early 2014.
- You can always sell your old iPhone 4 for the best price online. We at iGotOffer.com buy even broken smartphones for the best price!