Apple announced the iPhone X on September 12, 2017, but it was available only starting November 3, 2017. This smartphone was released to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the first Apple’s iPhone, an event that changed our world forever. That’s why the iPhone got the Roman figure X representing the ten year anniversary.
iPhone X – Full Phone Information
The iPhone X has a lot of amazing features that set it apart from other mobiles and previous Apple iPhone’s models. This is the eleventh generation of the iPhone. Apple annouced this model on September 12, 2017, alongside the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus. This model was released on November 3, 2017.
This smartphone launched to celebrate the tenth anniversary of iPhones showcased what Apple considers technology of the future. Indeed, it specifically adopted OLED screen technology for the first time in iPhone history. Also it used a glass and stainless-steel form factor, offering wireless charging,
Apple removed the home button on this model in favor of introducing a new bezel-less design. It almost removed all the bezels on this phone.
The electronic giant also released a new type of password authentication called Face ID for iPhone X, a new authentication method which scans the user’s face to unlock the device. This technology can be also used foranimated emojis called Animoji. The nearly bezel-less form factor marks a new step to in the iPhone user interaction, as it involves swipe-based gestures to navigate around the OS rather than the classical home button present in previous iterations of the iPhone lineup.
The display and build quality of this model were universally praised; its camera scored positively on tests.
|Official Name||iPhone X|
|Network||Technology||GSM / CDMA / HSPA / EVDO / LTE|
|Note||Check network compatibility for your country|
|Launch||Introduced||September 12, 2017|
|Preorder||October 27, 2017|
|Body||Dimensions||5.65 x 2.79 x 0.30 in|
|Build||Front/back glass, stainless steel frame|
|Resistance||IP67 dust/water resistant (up to 1m for 30 mins)|
|Features||Apple Pay (Visa, MasterCard, AMEX certified)|
|Display||Type||Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors|
|Resolution||1125 x 2436 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio|
|Pixel Density||~ 458 ppi|
|Protection||Scratch-resistant glass, oleophobic coating|
|Features||– Dolby Vision / HDR10 compliant|
– Wide color gamut display
– 3D Touch display
– True-tone display
– 120 Hz touch-sensing
|Chipset||Apple A11 Bionic|
|CPU||Hexa-core 2.39 GHz (2x Monsoon + 4x Mistral)|
|GPU||Apple GPU (three-core graphics)|
|Memory||Internal||64 / 256 GB, 3GB RAM|
|Camera||Main (Back)||12 MP, f/1.8, 28mm (wide), 1/3″, 1.22µm, OIS, PDAF|
12 MP, f/2.4, 52mm (telephoto), 1/3.4″, 1.0µm, OIS, PDAF, 2x optical zoom
|Features||Quad-LED dual-tone flash, HDR (photo / panorama), panorama, HDR|
|Video||2160p @ 24 / 30 / 60 fps, 1080p @ 30 / 60 / 120 / 240fps|
|Selfie (Front)||7 MP, f/2.2, 32mm, HDR, 1080p @ 30fps|
|Sound||Alert types||Alert types Vibration, proprietary ringtones|
|Loudspeaker||Yes, with stereo speakers|
|Features||Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic|
|Comms||WLAN||WLAN Wi-Fi 802.11 a / b / g / n / ac, dual-band, hotspot|
|Bluetooth||5.0, A2DP, LE|
|GPS||Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, QZSS|
|USB||2.0, proprietary reversible connector|
|Features||Battery||Non-removable Li-Ion 2716 mAh battery|
|Sensors||Face ID, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer|
|Messaging||iMessage, SMS(threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Email|
|– Fast battery charging: 50% in 30 min|
– Qi wireless charging
– Siri natural language commands and dictation
– iCloud cloud service
– MP3/WAV/AAX+/AIFF/Apple Lossless player
– MP4/H.265 player
– Audio/video/photo editor
– Document editor
|Misc||Colors||Space Gray, Silver|
|Price||Starting at $999|
- The chip design and the core task distribution shows the priorities Apple set up for the iPhones of the new generation.
- The A11 can back up the most complicated graphic function: 3D face recognition under unfriendly conditions. The energy saving mode is a runner-up. The iPhone 8 reportedly gets an even smaller battery than the iPhone 6.
- The iPhone X battery is smaller both in size and in capacity. The new energy efficient microarchitecture is to back up the prolonged battery life.
- Curiously enough, there was confusion about the X pronunciation, even when the word “ten” was clearly voiced at least twenty times during the presentation. However, many preferred “eks” or even “eeks” when talking about this model.
- At the time of its November 2017 launch, the iPhone X price tag of US$999 made this model the most expensive iPhone ever. The prices were even higher in the world’s market due to additional local sales and import taxes.
- This model received polarized reception due to the sensor housing “notch” at the top of the screen and the introduction of an all-new authentication method. The notch was mocked by many users on social media. However app developers responded either neutrally or positively to the changes it brought to the user experience in their apps and games. Some of the reviewers condemned it, but others acknowleded it as unusual in the first moments of use before getting accustomed to its presence.
- Users praised iPhone X Face ID facial recognition for its simple setup. Users criticized however the smartphone for requiring direct eyes on the screen, though that option can be disabled within the system preferences.
- Apple discontinued he iPhone X on September 12, 2018 following the announcement of the new iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max and iPhone XR devices. Note that with a shelf life of just over 10 months, the iPhone X had the shortest ever tenure as flagship device in the history of the iPhone.
- The future is here: iPhone X – Apple
- iPhone X as the Sum of Technologies – iGotOffer Blog
- Sell your old iPhone X online – iGotOffer
iPhone X – Introducing iPhone X – Apple [Video]
Video published by Apple United Kingdom on September 12, 2017