On October 20, 2009, Apple Inc. introduced a new polycarbonate unibody plastic MacBook, classified as MacBook 6,1 (13-Inch, Late 2009) with a rubberized anti-skid bottom. It faster DDR3 memory. Yet this MacBook, like its aluminum predecessor, lacks FireWire. Instead, like the 13-inch MacBook Pro, it has a combined audio in/out port. There is no infrared port and the Apple Remote is not included. This MacBook was a significant improvement on the MacBook line (Mid 2009) that it replaced.
MacBook 6,1 (13-Inch, Late 2009)
The MacBook unibody polycarbonate model included an LED-backlit screen, a glass multi-touch trackpad, and a battery that could perform up to 7 hours (compared with five hours in the older models).
- October 20, 2009.
- Processor: CPU: Intel Mobile Core 2 Duo. CPU Speed: 2.26 GHz. FPU: integrated.
- Bus Speed: 1066 MHz. Data Bus Width: 64-bit.
- ROM: EFI.
- RAM Type: PC3-8500 SO-DIMM, minimum RAM Speed: 1066 MHz.
- Storage: 250 GB 5400 RPM (320 GB, 500 GB BTO).
- Onboard RAM: Maximum RAM: 4 GB.OS: Pre-installed OS: 10.6.1. Upgraded to OS10.10.4. Latest possible operating system OS X El Capitan.
- Display: 13.3-inch active matrix TFT. Maximum pixel resolution: 1280×800. Backlit glossy widescreen LCD.
- Graphics: Integrated Nvidia GeForce 9400M with 256 MB shared with main memory (up to 512 MB available in Windows through Boot Camp). Integrated Nvidia GeForce 320M with 256 MB shared with main memory
- Video Out: mini DisplayPort.
- Camera: iSight.
- Optical Drive: 24x/24x/10x/8x/8x/4x/4x CD-RW/DVD±RW/DVD±R DL.
- Input/Output: USB: 2 2.0.
- Audio Out: stereo 24 bit mini, Optical S/PDIF.
- Audio In: stereo 24 bit mini (see notes). Speaker – stereo. Microphone – mono.
- Networking: Ethernet: 10/100/1000BaseT. Wi-Fi: 802.11a/b/g/n. Bluetooth: 2.1+EDR.
- Battery: 60-watt-hour non-removable lithium-polymer battery. Up to 7 hours of playing music or video, surfing the Web and editing documents.
- Dimensions: 1.08-inch, height x 13-inch, width x 9.12-inch deep.
- Average Weight: 4.7 lbs.
Apple Numbers, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Model Number:
- A1342 (EMC 2350)
Apple Order Number:
- May 18, 2010.
- US $999.
- Two slots for PC3-8500 DDR3 SDRAM (1066 MHz) 2 GB (two 1 GB). Expandable to 8 GB (4 GB supported by Apple). Expandable to 16 GB (4 GB supported by Apple).
MacBook (13-inch, 2.26GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, Late 2009)
|Model Number||A1342 (EMC 2350)|
|Family||13-inch, Late 2009|
|Display Size||13.3 inches|
|Dimensions||13.00 x 9.12 x 1.08 in|
|Processor||2.26Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo|
|Optical||8X DL "SuperDrive"|
|See also||Sell your MacBook (13-inch, 2.26Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, Late 2009) online now|
- In tests conducted by Macworld, the MacBook 6,1 battery was found to last only about 4 hours while playing video at full brightness with AirPort turned off. However, Apple stated that the battery life was calculated with the brightness at the middle setting and while browsing websites and editing word documents, not with video and at full brightness. The battery included in the next (mid-2010) model will hold an additional 5 watt-hours.
- MacBook6,1 User Guide
- MacBook Manuals: Memory Replacement Instructions, Hard Drive Replacement Instructions, Battery Replacement Instructions & more
- MacBook Firmware Updates
- Trade in your old MacBook for top cash at our Website: iGotoffer.com, instant free quote, the highest price online, free fully insured shipping, fast payment: Sell MacBook online now.
Macbook 6,1 – Upgrade RAM 4Gb [Video]
Published on January 17, 2016 by WhitakerStuffTV.