Released in 2009 the iPod shuffle 3rd Gen colors remained the same as the previous shuffle 3rg gen models in everything except colors. They are being offered also in green, pink and blue. The three control buttons in the earphone cable remained: volume up\volume down and action. With the last a user can either choose between playlists or activate the brand-new iPod feature – Voice Over. Apple titled the iPod shuffle 3rd Gen as the first player that talks to you. It can speak the names of songs, artists and playlist titles in 14 languages depending upon the language of a song on you playlist. The player also can voice the battery charge remained. Press and hold the action button for songs and artists and press and hold until the tone for playlists. This feature was to make up for the lack of the screen. The 2 Gb model was added to the line-up.
iPod Shuffle 3rd Gen Colors 2 Gb 4 Gb
Introduced on September 9, 2009.
- Processor Type: Samsung ARM.
- Storage capacity: 2 GB, 4 GB.
- Connectivity: USB.
- Mac support: Mac 10.4.11.
- Dimensions: 1.8 x 0.7 x 0.3.
- Weight: 0.38 oz.
- Navigation: Three buttons in the earphone cable.
- Format: MP3.
- Battery Type: Lithium ion battery provides 10 hours of playback.
- Colors: Silver, black, blue, green, pink.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation
Apple Order: MC306LL/A.
Apple Model No: A1271 (EMC 2262).
Discontinued: September 1, 2010.
- With all the magic the VoiceOver function still sounds poor and requires a forgiving ear. You have to get by with the Apple earbuds only, because of the built-in controls and the USB cable is too short. Besides, the controls are placed too close to a person’s ear and that has proved to be a trouble for active users. On the brighter side, iPod shuffle can download not songs but playlists.
- iPod shuffle can inform you when the battery charge drops to 50% or 25%.
- Trade in your used iPod shuffle for fast cash at iGotOffer.com. Instant and free quote, free and fully insured shipping, fast and secure payment: Used Mac Pro for sale.